Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Night rides around Bolton or Manchester
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Is there any regular meet ups?

If so what time, duration etc.

Cheers

snowslave

Yup, we ride no more than 1 hr from mcr every week, usually a Weds. Tomorrow night’s is Roman Lakes, followed by curry. Interested?

wors

I think Junkyard off of here rides around rivington some nights, though only when its really foggy and we’ve just had a monsoon!!! 😆

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

snowslave, cheers for the offer but wednesday’s the only night im not free 🙄

Whats the pace like and distance, would I have burned off enough calories to justify the curry? :mrgreen:

snowslave

As if there is EVER a need to justify a curry!!!! 😉

Tomorrow’s will be a 2hr or so ride, few decent climbs and 3 fun downhills. Dunno how many miles that’ll be, not worked it out yet, but I guess 10-12, pretty much all off road. Often we do more, but tomorrow we’re focusing on getting back to the pub in time for pre-arranged nosh.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I talked to snowslave on the phone and got the impression he was rather food-focussed :o)

snowslave

Sorry Simon, I mistook you for our local takeaway – you had some of the same numbers

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do indeed do night rights round Rivvy usually alone as nothing scares me and no one else can keep up with me (they dont have good enough balance…… to go that slow)- give me a shout – e-mail in profile – if you want to go. If i decide to go I do it whatever the weather though fog is definetly NOT enjoyable and descends in the fog that have become rivers due to torrential rain is very interesting
    I dont do Thursdays but am fine rest of week
    Time after 7 pm Duration 2 hours usually – but flexible just want to get out

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

though fog is definetly NOT enjoyable

I like the feeling of mystery and the way you can see the light rays spreading out :o)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Me to but i dislike the fact you cannot see the path 🙁

snowslave

Just use the force luke

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

junkyard YGM

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok but wont get till tonight as no access to my mail at work

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Me to but i dislike the fact you cannot see the path [:-(]

that’s because you’re a tart :o)

D0NK

I’d be up for some group night riding round rivi

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ooo, sounds good..

I’m up for night riding around here..

I work in the centre of Manchester, but live up in Accrington…

Have car.

Will travel.

Times/ meets etc etc???

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Form an orderly queue! It’s also ridden regularly by the Groovy Tribe, Blackburn & District, Bog Trotters Southern Softy Division, etc etc :o)

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    ok but wont get till tonight as no access to my mail at work

All i said was that im out tonight setting off about 6 for 2 hours non stop medium tempo, I live two mins bike ride from Rivvy so ideal for me 🙂

lowey

We ride every Wednesday or Thursday. Usually 3 of us and end up at the Belmont Bull for 4-5 pints, followed by a wobbly ride home. Nothing organized about it.

Blackburn and district MTB club be your best bet. http://www.blackburnbikers.co.uk/

Or there is a group of guys from Bike Magic who ride every Thursday from the Hare and Hounds in Holcome Brook. Cant remember their names. Sorry.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if people want to e-mail me (in profile I will contact you all to arrange a STW night ride – we probably all live on a different side of the Marilyn that is Winter Hill so probably best to meet @ Barn or Tower if cycling straight up? Beer at Bay horse if people want one afterwards?
    Tonight to short notice for me … have to put things up the attic instead boo hoo.

wors

i’d be up for this, just need to get some lights sorted. i live in Astley Bridge.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

count me in as well, why do you call it the marilyn?

wors

munro

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

OK 🙄

I will get wiv da programme 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

I/We do a regular 2hour pootle around Stockport going out to Marple and back. 90% offroad with a bit of everything. Can do any night with a bit of warning.
    mail in prof if interested.

Jenga
    Free Member

why do you call it the marilyn?

It’s a long story involving bearded Scottish peakbaggers with nothing to do on long dark winter nights.

snowslave

realhoops – sent you email…

Junkyard
    Free Member

marilyn is a hill with a 150 metre drop on all sides regardless of topographical feature/location – I am going from memory on description did i get it right … there was a topic about this yesterday

lowey

Wors… your in my back yard mate. We are in Sharples.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Night rides around Bolton or Manchester’ is closed to new replies.