• This topic has 25 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hh45.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • night ride worse case scenario
  • rOcKeTdOg

dog poo attaches itself to front tyre, said tyre then decides to lose all its air, tyre takes 3 people to wrestle it off the rim, rest of ride spent getting a whiff of faeces and lots of finger sniffinf (just to check)

ghosts, crap and finger buffet…
    http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-smell-dog-shit-ride.html

thepurist

How much more incentive do you need to go tubeless? 😉

reevil
    Free Member

Similar: Rode through some very fresh cow poo, promptly followed by a hawthorne needle. Stuff got everywhere!

This was my 7th puncture in 7 rides. Tubeless kit in the post!

z1ppy

thats why carrying a large pack full of everything including the kitchen ink is occasionally useful (must check I still have some lytex gloves in there).

I’m surprised they didn’t just disown you! 😉
    You must have some good friends…

neninja
    Free Member

I hate dog poo. Had a load get flung onto the underside of my saddle the other day. When I moved the bike after the ride I got it all over my hands. Not a happy bunny.

Took out my revenge on local dog walker a couple of days later who I saw not picking up after their dog. I knew where he lived so contacted the council enforcement officer who paid him a visit with a £50 fixed penalty notice. Result – made me feel much better.

johnners
    Free Member

I knew where he lived so contacted the council enforcement officer who paid him a visit with a £50 fixed penalty notice. Result – made me feel much better

I must confess I’m somewhat disbelieving that the council just took your word for it.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Took out my revenge on local dog walker a couple of days later who I saw not picking up after their dog. I knew where he lived so contacted the council enforcement officer who paid him a visit with a £50 fixed penalty notice. Result – made me feel much better.

I prefer the old tried and tested route of scooping it up with a plastic spade and throwing it in their faces.
    I fooking hate dogs and even more so owners who dont pick up the %hite, worse is in the park where my kids play. I need to stop typing as i am getting angry about this whole issue.

rocketman
    Free Member

dog poo attaches itself to front tyre, said tyre then decides to lose all its air, tyre takes 3 people to wrestle it off the rim, rest of ride spent getting a whiff of faeces and lots of finger sniffinf

At least it wasn’t raining 😉

chriswilk
    Free Member

worst case scenario is surely night riding in a remote location with no moblie coverage when below freezing. Fall and incapacitate yourself and freeze to death!

Dog poo isn’t nice, but it’s not the “worst case”

rOcKeTdOg

It was drizzling

Chriswilk 🙄

sofaking
    Free Member

tyre takes 3 people to wrestle it off the rim

they have now invented tyre levers 😆

neninja
    Free Member

I must confess I’m somewhat disbelieving that the council just took your word for it.

Disbelieve all you like but it happened.

If the chap had chosen not to accept the fixed penalty ticket, they were going to take him to court with me either appearing as a witness or providing a statement. The enforcement officer came and took photos of the offending poop to present to him.

The guy accepted the fixed penalty ticket.

The council also do the same for littering especially from cars. If you see someone throwing rubbish out of their car you can phone them and they take the same approach.

I fooking hate dogs and even more so owners who dont pick up the %hite, worse is in the park where my kids play. I need to stop typing as i am getting angry about this whole issue.

I’m with you there. We had to throw out both our boys trainers recently (age 6 and 7) after they’d been running around on the village green playing. After only 10 minutes their trainers were so covered in dog mess that it didn’t seem worth even trying to clean it off.

Disgusting. I wrote to the local councillor who shrugged it off saying that it was impossible to catch anyone.

rOcKeTdOg

Steel tyre levers too!

GW
    Free Member

We had to throw out both our boys trainers recently (age 6 and 7) after they’d been running around on the village green playing. After only 10 minutes their trainers were so covered in dog mess that it didn’t seem worth even trying to clean it off.

WTF? Are you serious??!!
    were they £2.99 supermarket/market stall trainers? even if they were why didn’t you just hose them off and toss them in the washing machine like you would with your own had you stepped in shite/fallen in a bog etc. during a bike ride?

Mantastic
    Free Member

I plan to take my dogs to neninja’s house and get them to dump everywhere in the hope I can raid your bin a few days later for some slightly soiled trainers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I plan to take my dogs to neninja’s house and get them to dump everywhere in the hope I can raid your bin a few days later for some slightly soiled trainers.

Dibs on the tyres he presumably throws out as well.

I grew up in/on/arround farms. I’ve only ever heard of one person dying from poo, he fell through the skin on a container of the stuff and drowned.

Speshpaul

“The enforcement officer came and took photos of the offending poop to present to him.”

Sorry can’t type for laughing…………..”Do you recognise the poop sir?”

“book him Danno….Murder no2!”

neninja
    Free Member

WTF? Are you serious??!!
    were they £2.99 supermarket/market stall trainers? even if they were why didn’t you just hose them off and toss them in the washing machine like you would with your own had you stepped in shite/fallen in a bog etc. during a bike ride?

Had it been my stuff then I’d have done that (and have the numerous times I’ve got the foul stuff stuff on my riding kit) but it wasn’t just on the soles it had got totally ingrained into the mesh fabric on the uppers. My wife tried cleaning one with little success and decided there was no way the kids were wearing them again. Sometimes it’s easier just to nod and agree when she’s on a mission.

Militant_biker

I got a load of fresh dog poo on my tyres and all down the downtube about a minute into the bike’s maiden voyage. I was livid.

If there had been a cute fluffy dog (say, a poodle) nearby I would have used it to clean it off. Or used the owner’s hair. Or face.

enfht
    Free Member

Canine faeces containment is thankfully improving, as are peoples perceptions of what’s acceptable.

One day dog owners will need to pick up, disinfect, then eat the doggy bag

I pray for that day

zippykona

I shall spend Sunday morning cleaning cat poo out of my freshly dug veggie patch. Yes it was netted and rat traps placed inside.
    Just thought I would add balance to the whole dog poo thing.
    At least responsible dog walkers do bag it.
    There is no such thing as a responsible cat owner.

spacemonkey

I’d argue this is a pretty bad night-riding scenario to be in …

… he’s probably quicker than you on the fast stuff too!

rOcKeTdOg

That’s daylight though 🙂

deus

I’m thinking fall off bike break leg, then while whimpering through the pain you hear the twang of a banjo…………

spacemonkey

That’s daylight though

Actually it’s dusk … and you’ve got a slow puncture and chain suck … 🙂

hh45
    Free Member

I prefer the old tried and tested route of scooping it up with a plastic spade and throwing it in their faces.

If there had been a cute fluffy dog (say, a poodle) nearby I would have used it to clean it off. Or used the owner’s hair. Or face.

Guys, you need to get a grip of yourselves. its only $hit and there is too much aggression and unpleasantness about already without people going psycho over dog poo. Its not nice but it aint the end of the world either. Dangerous driving, cancer, war, poverty are stuff to get angry about, not dog poo. I feel sorry for you and not because you trod in a poo.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘night ride worse case scenario’ is closed to new replies.