Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Night Ride Locations Surrey ?
  • jammin34
    Free Member

Looking to go out on a ride tonight so can anyone please recommend a night route that I can kill an hour on somewhere local to Hindhead ?

tor5
    Free Member

I guess you’re local? Spin round the punchbowl, strava to find the good bits…

Could show you around another night if you like?

jammin34
    Free Member

Yes I’m literally a stones throw from the punch bowl and I’m only free from 6pm so I’m keen to get out lol I went for a 5 mile trek this evening and didn’t really know where I was going and ended up down along side the a3 but all in all a good run but would happily be shown other routes and wouldn’t say no to some company if anyone’s out and about.

jammin34
    Free Member

How can you use strava to find routes ? I’ve just signed up but don’t know all the functions yet ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Explore segments

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Mind the Yaks…

jammin34
    Free Member

Any other local known routes that are ok at night ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Godalming and Haselmere club used to have mtb route maps online they seem to have dissapeared VCGH

Nothing specific to add other than sticking to wider tracks and bridleways, quite a few around the punchbowl giving access to farms / youth hostel etc.

gregsd
    Free Member

VCGH stopped running MTB rides, so they’ve removed the MTB section from the sebsite. I think you can still access the PDFs – http://www.vcgh.co.uk/mtb/routes

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gregsd – top post, have book marked that

nedrapier

Me too! Just what I was looking for. cheers Greg.

jammin – there’s one on there called Gibbit* Hill Loop – that’d do!

*should be “Gibbet”

gregsd
    Free Member

glad to help! I think I created that PDF for one of the first VCGH mtb club rides we did. I hadn’t spotted the spelling mistake 😳
    If you do the route from the station, then the bridleway past the donkey sanctuary to the A286 will be very muddy at the moment.

theotherjonv

On Gibbet Hill! At night! On your own!

Stop and listen carefully and you’ll hear their chains clanking as they swing in the breeze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_Sailor

I always seem to get an extra burst of speed when passing the spot.

nedrapier

I’m guessing you guys are all local? Ish? Just moved to Haslemere, keen to explore. Only managed a little lurgy filled pootle up to the Punchbowl and back so far.

Any weekday night rides going on? I think someone mentioned Tuesday nights from Lion Green?

jonv – thanks for your offer of the Plug. If it was cheaper, uglier and a little bit smaller, I’d have bitten your hand off!

jammin34
    Free Member

I’m happy to go out most evenings if anyone is up for a ride ! I was going to venture out tonight if anyone’s up for it meeting at the punch bowl pub or something ?

jammin34
    Free Member

How is it possible to properly view the os maps and navigate the cycle trails ? Is there an app ?

jammin34
    Free Member

Anyone ?

m0rk
    Free Member

15 mins down the A3

QECP, red trail, way marked no need for an OS Map

And at 6pm most days you probably won’t be the only one out… Let me know if you’re interested – I’m back into night rides again

jammin34
    Free Member

Lol I am pretty sure the red route is the hardest ! I’m not at that stage especially at night, when I have a death wish I will give you a shout 😉

m0rk
    Free Member

Nah, it’s not bad at night.

Blue trail & plenty of other stuff there

tor5
    Free Member

Tuesday nights was me – but work and f@#king southwest trains mean I keep missing them! If you’re interested in a meetup & ride drop me a line (email in profile) and we can sort something out one evening or saturday afternoon? Possibly even Thursday?

tor5
    Free Member

Hi guys, there’s a small group meeting 20:15 @ lion green tonight for a pretty gentle pootle if anyone wants showing around

jammin34
    Free Member

Sod’s law that I got held up at work tonight but anyone that fancies a ride then please do shout I’m up for it any week night and some weekends. I will put my email on my profile shortly.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I’m happy to show you round if you want to learn your way round, loads of trails up there and in the surrounding area. I could do a night next week if your about or I’m riding tomorrow morning with some friends from Liphook up to the PB.

jammin34
    Free Member

Anytime next week after 6pm definitely mate, tied up this weekend with work unfortunately but yeah would be good to know some other routes to explore

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Night Ride Locations Surrey ?’ is closed to new replies.