Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • night out in preston, where to go?
  • D0NK

Oops I screwed up, was supposed to be booking a table for me and the mrs at the greek place and I forgot, all booked up now (all reasonable times anyway). Any recommendations for restaurant in city centre?
    Was thinking about eastzeast as I know some people who’ve been to the Manchester one and rated it.

Going for a couple of beers after, where should we head for? a very quick streetmap search suggests Church st is where all the pubs/bars are…

Sancho
    Free Member

The tapas place behind the high street can’t remember the name

r17anm
    Free Member

Turtle bay supposed to be good

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Sack it off and go to Blackpool instead, more fine dining than you can shake a shitty stick at, loads of lovely pubs too. Perfect time to remind your Mrs how much you love her while gazing at the stunning architecture… You know it makes sense.

D0NK

DUK Sancho? sounded a bit hipster from the blurb, is it good then?

r17anm carribean, mmm, same problem as the greek, preferred times booked up.

the obvious choice monkey, but alas we’ve got a wedding to get to next day.

MartynS

Preston is the maddest, most awful hell hole in the northwest.
    Eastzeast is a great chain though.. Been in the one in Liverpool and it was lovely.

Once you’ve eaten, go home, have a nice bottle of wine in and enjoy the evening, instead of being in Preston…

edhornby

tapas place is called Duk, there is a heathcotes, Turtle Bay, Stratos, Moka are all good – according to Mrs Ed’s preston contacts

r17anm
    Free Member

i would agree with martnys opinion of preston
    If that helps at all

Junkyard
    Free Member

Duk is pretty good and Church street is the main street /Town centre area for a night out

ekul
    Free Member

MartynS – Member
    Eastzeast is a great chain though.. Been in the one in Liverpool and it was lovely.
    Once you’ve eaten, go home, have a nice bottle of wine in and enjoy the evening, instead of being in Preston…
    POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I wouldnt go that far, there are worse hell holes in the north west. But to be honest there aren’t that many nice bars to have a drink at. Stratos is alright and quite near to Eastzeast and then maybe forum a bit further down the road. But in terms of classy bars you’re pretty limited I’m afraid.

Put it this way I live in Preston, I’m young (23) and more often than not go to Manchester for a night out. Think the last time I had a proper night out in Preston was around Christmas time.

D0NK

I knew someone would post something along those lines 🙂

But in terms of classy bars you’re pretty limited I’m afraid.

cool, I’m not classy. I’ll just stay away from the slaughtered lamb type places where everyone stops what they’re doing when strangers walk in.
    And flat roofed establishments obviously.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Lancaster. Not just being facetious either.

Cougar

Old Black Bull on Friargate used to be my watering hole, probably not ‘date night’ material unless you’ve arrived on a Harley though. There’s a bunch of pubs on that road, or a dirty great Wetherspods on the corner if that’s your thing.

ekul
    Free Member

cool, I’m not classy.

Sweet! Well in that case, as Cougar says, get to Roper street and have a ball!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Does the old night club The Place still exist. Always remember its catchy slogan ‘The Place. It’s nice!’ 🙂

Cougar

The Place, it’s incredibly sticky.

D0NK

The Place, it’s incredibly sticky.

memories of Ikon.

There’s a bunch of pubs on that road

yeah I checked both friargate and church st on streetmap, the latter looked to have more potential.

dazh

I guess you haven’t been to Rochdale or Oldham? I refuse to believe it could be worse than those.

Cougar

yeah I checked both friargate and church st on streetmap, the latter looked to have more potential.

From memory, and it may well have changed now as it’s a good old while since I was last there, Church St is more “towny” and Friargate a bit more relaxed.

Stevet1
    Free Member

After dinner head on down to the warehouse for a fun filled night out.

MartynS

I guess you haven’t been to Rochdale or Oldham? I refuse to believe it could be worse than those.

Yep all over the NW, I hate having to go to Preston.

SiofCannock
    Free Member

Are there a lot of crazy folk in Preston?

I’ve been a few times for work and get that impression. Once I was walking back to my car and a bloke came out of the bookies in front of me. He strode ahead for a few seconds then paused thoughtfully, dropped his trousers and asked me if I liked his legs. As I was a bit speechless, he redressed and carried on without another word. It was 5.30pm and broad daylight.

As I spent more time in the town, I felt this could have been quite a normal experience there.

Cougar

After dinner head on down to the warehouse for a fun filled night out.

Ah, Raiders. <wistful sigh>

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘night out in preston, where to go?’ is closed to new replies.