Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Night out in Nottingham – where to go?
  • ikimbunza
    Free Member

My wife and I have a ‘pass’ from the parents to go out for the night on Saturday in Nottingham. We are visiting for the w/e and they have offered to look after the little one.

So i call on the wisdom of the forum to suggest a few nice bars and perhaps a decent restaurant for two knackered new parents to go to which will be relaxing and enjoyable.

We’ll be back in bed by midnight i bet, but we’d might as well have a good night out whilst we can!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

out for the night on Saturday in Nottingham

Manchester?

ikimbunza
    Free Member

We know Manchester pretty well living in Chester and will probably drag the parents over from Nottingham next time so we can go out for a few drinks in the Northern Quarter.

Nottingham can’t be that bad though can it?

sobriety
    Free Member

Went to french living last night, was rather tasty but you have to book at weekends, or kayal for indian food, or lantong for thai, or the larder for english stuff are all pretty good.

Bars/pubs, take you pick tend to go to ale pubs, so the old trip, the salutation, bunkers hill. there a pitcher and piano in an old church in an area full of bars if you like noisy places or canalside is pretty good as well.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Go to Hockley rather than ‘town’ itself. There’s some reasonable bars, and smaller places to eat. Edin’s on Broad Street is nice to eat in (a little deli / cafe / bar) and there’s enough bars nearby to keep you occupied.

Restaurant wise, there’s a couple of nice Thais in the area. Depends what you like really?

vdubber67
    Free Member

ooooh Kayal….excellent choice there! Southern Indian cuisine. Need to book though….

franki
    Free Member

My bro. has lived near Nottingham for a few years now and reckons it’s great for nights out – can’t recall his recommendations right now though, sorry!

spacecadett
    Free Member

Bar Da Nada is great (www.bardenada.co.uk/). It’s a small bar/restaurant serving tapas and world beers – Great food and really good value.
    If you are looking for a good pub, IMHO the Cock & Hoop is the best in Nottingham and they have a very good selection of whiskey/bourbon.
    The Old Trip to Jerusalem is a popular haunt too. The oldest inn in England allegedly.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We always enjoyed the grub at La Bistro Pierre when we lived there.

http://www.lebistrotpierre.co.uk/default.aspx

Nice and laid back, not posh.

vdubber67
    Free Member

bar de nada is nice, but you literally stink of Tapas after 5 minutes in there!

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Anyone been to ‘Petit Paris’? Been recommended it by someone at work, as well as Bar de Nada. Looks like its between the two, although they are totally different!!

AdamW
    Free Member

Bar de Nada? Every time I go in there and ask for something like, ooh, food, I always get the answer ‘The kitchen is closed’. Usually served by the same woman who looks as if she is permanently sucking a lemon.

I avoid it like the plague now.

The new Jazz Cafe on Broad Street does some really good grub though.

The Trip is more of a tourist destination. Some nice newish bars down Canal Street though.

sadexpunk

think the Enemy are at rock city saturday. get yerself down there. we’re off to see em sunday in lincoln 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Night out in Nottingham – where to go?’ is closed to new replies.