Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Night out after a day at BPW – Suggestions?
  • giraffe
    Free Member

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good night out after a days riding at Bike Park Wales – Heading up there this Saturday for my stag do and fancy going to a good pub for some grub and several beers. If there’s a pool table too then even better!
    Used the search function but only found stuff relating to accommodation (have this covered thanks to the other threads on this subject). Staying local to BPW and ideally don’t want to travel too far as we’ll all be wanting a beer or 2!

Thanks in advance!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There can be only one…..

The Vulcan!

bigblackshed

A good night out? In Merthyr?

😯

rascal
    Free Member

Minsky’s in Cardiff.

nickc

don’t stay at the Castle Hotel…In fact; don’t go to Merthyr at all…

😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Do not go anywhere in aberdare…..

giraffe
    Free Member

Haha this is going well! 😀

So, if we avoid the centre of Merthyr, and also Aberdare, are there any good pubs locally that we could get a taxi to? Guess we could go to Cardiff (glad I googled the Minsky’s suggestions first though :-)) but would rather keep travel to a minimum.

Just after a good, local pub…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cheeky vimto’s with the church?

Bucko

We had a similar idea back in July and ended up settling for Nandos in Merthyr followed by beers (lots of beer. And cider) back at the campsite.

Let me know if you find somewhere as we’re planning another trip this July

timber

Train to Cardiff, depending where you’re staying and when you want to get back.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hmmm, well Merthyr is a bit rough and ready and Cardiff is batshit crazy after dark – Abergavenny is only 20 mins from BPW and I’ve always found it nice sort of place for a beer.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Cardiff train might be an idea..alternativly theres the Bunch of Grapes in Ponty…home of Otley brewery, rideable via TaffTrail.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Night out after a day at BPW – Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.