Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Night lights recommend
  • hora
    Free Member

OK I can’t face wasting perfect evening weather 5 days a week and then face a rainy crap weekend.

So…(MUST) be reliable but good value (possible?) and yet good illumination.

Bregante

2 solarstorm lights and a couple of batteries from smudge or torchy the battery boy would be my reccomendation but there are many others…

This has been covered extensively on here recently. Are you new?

Bregante

here

Don’t say I never do anything for you..

hora
    Free Member

I love you sometimes Russ 🙂

kamenev
    Free Member

The Yinding from Gearbest. Last years light of the year (or not) until like the Solarstorm it got cloned (which is ironic seeing it was a clone of another well known brand light!)

See this

http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-riding/original-real-yinding-yd-2xu2-found-941540.html

Looks like it could be the original if such a light coming from china can be an original. Mine should arrive this week so could confirm. The coupon still works for this light which knocks around $5 off. Get the lighthead only and get a descent battery and charger from torchy!

jam-bo

Gloworms.

ajt123
    Free Member

C&B seen are good and cheap. I now have one of those on the bars and an Exposure on the helmet.

You really want both – a broad beam plus a narrow beam to look around corners.

I think you can get away with a cheaper, heavier unit on the bars, but you don’t want to faff with cabling on your head, as it is distracting.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Budget?

I’m biased here as an owner of some and them being popular amongst people I ride with, but for reliable, top build quality, durable, will cope with all weather, temperature adaptive, stupidly bright, quick release mounts, variety of battery options…

Four4th (http://four4th.co.uk/). I use a Holy Moses on the bars with wide spread lens, and Genesis 3 Spot on the helmet. There’s a new crazy bright helmet light also, the OMG, which people seem to love.

British built and for me they’re local also so can just pop in easy.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Get this
    http://m.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_119294.html
    Four good quality 18650 batteries and the solarstorm head unit, great set up for reasonable price

superfli
    Free Member

+1 deadKenny. I have holy Moses on bars and exodus on lid. Very well built and secure mounting. Battery goes on and on. I got fed up with cheap batteries and lights, even though my bat was an expensive Samsung replacement, it still only lasted 2.5 seasons.
    Del was out the other night with 3 OMG lights on! 13000 lumen!

fudge9202
    Free Member

OMG! is right!
    £275 for a helmet light!
    Too rich for me I’m afraid.

hora
    Free Member

Ok- update. I’m not ‘sure’ on the CandB seen ones. One battery failed and on my night ride last night one went from green to blue on the LED on/off button- I assume this means its the battery life indicator? I was only out 1.5hours. I also wish the head one was brighter.

jam-bo

Now they have a decent distributor, Gloworms.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What’s good value in your eyes?

I used a cyclescheme voucher to get a Gemini Olympia 2100 from Halfords for around £80 or thereabouts.

Very pleased with it.

hora
    Free Member

My idea of good value has changed

thegreatape
    Free Member

Give us clue then, you big tease x

binners

hora
    Free Member

For a main light – upto £150 (or a head unit seperate) for more power and possibly by the batteries seperate.

vincienup
    Free Member

solarstorm x2 on bars and joystick on helmet for me. I was using a Lezyne Macrodrive that normally lives on my commuter until Rutland tempted me with a crazy price on a mk8 Joystick.

Wiggle apparenlty are selling Lezyne Powerdrive XL’s as ‘LOADED’ kit (ie, box, all the mounts, charger and spare battery so you can swap it out when it goaes dark) at just over forty quid right now…

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Are Ayup lights still highly regarded? I’ve got a set from about five or six years ago but i suspect things have moved on somewhat!

binners

Up to 150 dabs? Go and see smudge

Your batteries won’t die, and your house won’t burn down*. Its a win win!

* Your house may actually burn down. But it’ll probably be a chip pan fire or something.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Here you go then http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/lights-reflectors/gemini-lights-olympia-1800-lumen-light-system-4-cell

And although it says 1800, what arrived at my house was the latest 2100 (alleged) lumen version.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Night lights recommend’ is closed to new replies.