• This topic has 34 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by poah.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Nigel Farage: 'Jewish lobby' has disproportionate power in the US
  • igm

Ok. Addresses far right rallies in Germany, launched a poster campaign that looked suspiciously similar to a historically troubling one and now this.

Is it time for someone to call this one?

For the avoidance of doubt I wouldn’t dream of calling him the N word.

legend
    Free Member

Does the Jewish lobby have disproportionate power in the US?

RustySpanner

Normal?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nice?

ads678

I’d happily call him a nob!

kerley
    Free Member

Is it the same as the disproportionate power/media coverage he has

kimbers

once you look into that alt-right world of infowars/breitbart/trump/sandy-hook was-fake you realise that a lot of people are stupid & dangerous

farage most definitely in that category

bails

NervousFlyer?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I wonder how his German Citizenship application is progressing…

funkmasterp

once you look into that alt-right world of infowars/breitbart/trump/sandy-hook was-fake you realise that a lot of people are stupid & dangerous

The scary thing is that I don’t think he’s stupid. Thinking that he is stupid comes with its own dangers.

kimbers

I think hes stupid for stirrng up hate & division, hate against immigrants etc

rene59
    Free Member

I think they are a successful lobby, and I think all successful lobbies have disproportionate power. Whether that is a good or bad thing will depend on what lobbies use their power for and how that ties in with your own morals.

mikey74
    Free Member

The NRA have disproportionate power in the US, that’s for sure. Farage is just a Nazi (there, I said it), attention seeking nob.

zippykona

**** doesn’t begin with N.

Northwind

I think that quite probably the jewish lobby does have disproportionate power in the US. But like Mikey says so does the NRA, tobacco, the arms industry, private health providers, and countless other lobbying groups. In fact if a lobbying group doesn’t wield disproportionate power, it sucks. It’s literally the only reason they exist.

So it’s only really interesting as it makes it really clear what groups some people have a problem with. Farage for instance presumably has no issue with property developers gaining disproportionate power in the UK via their enormous donations to political parties.

kerley
    Free Member

Farage for instance presumably has no issue with property developers gaining disproportionate power in the UK via their enormous donations to political parties.

He will have a problem with any jewish or muslim developers.

bencooper
    Free Member

I wonder how his German Citizenship application is progressing…

His type tend to flee to Argentina.

chakaping
    Free Member

It might have been better if he’d said “Israeli lobby”, but having listened to the audio clip I’d say it was otherwise inoffensive.

Which is probably why it mainly seems to have been picked up with the pisspoor Independent.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Jewish lobby’

Jobby?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What I think about when I see that photo up there ^ makes me feel like a bad person.

funkmasterp

I think hes stupid for stirrng up hate & division, hate against immigrants etc

I think he uses stupid people for his own agenda. Despicable, conniving and dangerous.

slowoldman

**** doesn’t begin with N.

N*** **** does.

nedrapier

I think that quite probably the jewish lobby does have disproportionate power in the US. But like Mikey says so does the NRA, tobacco, the arms industry, private health providers, and countless other lobbying groups. In fact if a lobbying group doesn’t wield disproportionate power, it sucks. It’s literally the only reason they exist.

And although they’re not a lobbying group per se, you can add white men to that list as well.

zippykona

And white men called Donald.

enfht
    Free Member

Nige has the uncanny ability to annoy anyone in direct proportion to their own personal degree of delusion. Quite refreshing. 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

dangerous yes, stupid no. he knows how to manipulate stupid gullible people and does it well. people dismissing him as stupid is part of what makes him dangerous. simple people like simple solutions – he knows that and feeds idiotic sound bite politics to those too stupid or too lazy to think for themselves.

pondo

Had a sad little chuckle listening to him flounder on that Jeremy Vine show this afternoon, it’d be funny if it weren’t so sad.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jewish Lobby – you are in dangerous territory
    Israeli Lobby – that’s fine

I did not hear the context he used it so can’t comment other than to say I am somewhat surprised Farage would have made such a crass error. He has always been clear in his opinion that the UK is a Judeo Christian society – not exactly anti-Semitic and certainly no “Nazi”

nickc

I am somewhat surprised Farage would have made such a crass error.

yeah, he chose “Jewish Lobby” and used the term a couple of times.

rene59
    Free Member

And although they’re not a lobbying group per se, you can add white men to that list as well.

And weather systems.

kimbers

He has always been clear in his opinion that the UK is a Judeo Christian society – not exactly anti-Semitic and certainly no “Nazi”

like I said hes been sucked into the alt-right world where anti-semitism is normalised

he was a fan of Adolf in his youth & certainly the division he whipped up in the referendum; them & us, scapegoating immigrants was straight out of the nazi playbook

pondo

jambalaya – 
    …. can’t comment other than to say I am somewhat surprised…

I bet your life’s one long surprise, hey.

stevious

As mentioned above, the whole ‘blame the immigrants while coming across as decent people with the country’s best interests at heart’ schick is straight from the fascist playbook.

However you want to sugar coat his ideology, it’s founded on a mixture of xenophobia and cynical populism that has been a recipe for disaster in the past. I’ve got no problem describing him as a fascist or as a neo-nazi sympathiser and the sooner him and his ideals are back out of mainstream politics the better.

slackalice
    Free Member

rene59 – Member

I think they are a successful lobby, and I think all successful lobbies have disproportionate power. Whether that is a good or bad thing will depend on what lobbies use their power for and how that ties in with your own morals.[/quote]

Yep, my thoughts too and if unaccountable seizure and retention of land to suppress others who live with a different belief doctrine fits within your moral compass, there’s a bit of a dilemma…

poah
    Free Member

the jews and the Christians have too much power in the US. The Christians have too much power in the UK.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Farage: 'Jewish lobby' has disproportionate power in the US’ is closed to new replies.