Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Nifty wedding ring designs for the safety-conscious.
  • CountZero

These are damned clever, but probably not cheap. Ideal for those who would like to wear a titanium ring, but are put off by the risks of catching one, or the need to remove it for job reasons:
    http://m.dornob.com/dornob/#!/entry/a-safer-symbol-wedding-ring-clasps-to-prevent-accidents,536c191a025312186c04362d/1

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I was a jeweller for 25 years, never owned a wedding ring as they are an accident waiting to happen, those rings you’ve linked to are no safer than a conventional wed.
    I witnessed a guy deglove his finger on a door handle, not pretty.

avdave2

Not sold on the ring but that off road caravan on the site looks great.

CountZero

I think the point is that because they’re hinged, they can be made to be a tight fit around the base of the finger, without needing the slack to get over the knuckle, meaning it’s much less likely that anything can get caught underneath the ring, like a door handle for example.
    I do take your point, though.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Can’t see what’s on the link, but a subtle tattoo ring is going to be my solution to the same problem I think. I’m in no way into tattoos and would never get one otherwise, but for a ring it seems like a good idea.

Cougar
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think this is probably the least of your concerns if your mad enough to get married 😉
    Stressful marriage(wife) more likely to kill men

natrix
    Free Member

If you think wedding rings are dangerous, what about trousers?? In 1999 5,900 Britons were hospitalised in trouser related injuries.

Maybe you safety conscious chaps should switch to wearing skirts?? 😛

Or maybe just MTFU……. 😈

DrP

I was a jeweller for 25 years, never owned a wedding ring as they are an accident waiting to happen,

I take it you don’t own or drive/ride in a car.
    Or ever drank alcohol…
    Or ridden a bicycle off road…..

All a bit tongue in cheek, but pretty much EVERYTHING is an accident waiting to happen!
    I’m aware some day to day jobs would significantly increase the risk of degloving, but MOST standard daily activities would carry a higher risk than wearing a ring..but we ‘choose’ to ignore them (car driving is the classic)

DrP

(This isn’t ‘having a go’ BTW, just highlighting my interest in how humans ‘view’ risk)

TooTall
    Free Member

Oh. Look. An engineer has over-engineered a ring. I wonder which bicycle-related company will recruit him to design the next new thing?

twinw4ll – I cannot imagine the risks you perceive in the acts of riding a bike or crossing a road.

avdave2

The point is not they are an accident waiting to happen its that they have the potential to make an accident worse. I think a member of the medical profession who can’t use a knife safely should take this on board. 🙂

DrP

I think a member of the medical profession who can’t use a knife safely once should take this on board

😉
    FTFY!

The ironing being that had I a ring on my index finger, I’d have been OK… hence I now look like MrT..

Well, nearly like Mr T..

DrPitythefool…

scotroutes

Why bother with a ring at all?

DrP

^^
    You can’t summon captain planet with just 4..

DrP

scud
    Free Member

My grandad had a mangled finger from attempting to jump out of slow moving jeep in the war and catching his signet ring in the mechanism that allowed the screen to fold dragging him along.

grum
    Free Member

Why bother with a ring at all?

Why bother with anything, ever?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not sure about the ring, but I do like the pizza cutter

So, what tyres for…

BillMC

I once slipped on a ladder rung and my whole body weight was on my finger in a jammed ring. The pain was most memorable. I haven’t worn one since.
    A girl where I was teaching climbed over a fence, her ring got caught and off came her finger. They couldn’t re-attach it.
    You don’t need a ring to show your love and devotion, show it in your behaviour. Much better.

traildog
    Free Member

The choice is yours if you want to wear a ring or not. I’m getting the feeling that some are a bit over defensive about their choice to wear one?
    It is a risk which, like many other things in life, but which you may view as needless depending on your outlook. I certainly didn’t like wearing it on my fingers and wanted a chain, but the wife didn’t want me to do that so I ended up not wearing it at all. Another argument and the link above about health risks is interesting.

but a subtle tattoo ring is going to be my solution to the same problem

I wonder how the risks of getting a tattoo compare to the risks of wearing a ring.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Nifty wedding ring designs for the safety-conscious.’ is closed to new replies.