Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • nieces 6th birthday – what on earth to get her?
  • andygreener

Need some help with this. Any ideas gratefully received….
    I was looking at maybe an old school etch a sketch and some paint your own mug/plate/egg cup type thing. So have no idea really.
    I know she loves disney brave and frozen if that helps

steveoath
    Free Member

Go into a hobbycraft or similar and stuff a cheap toolbox type carry case with “craft stuff”. Goes down a treat!

leffeboy

boyfriend? 🙂

Mine went mad for schleich horses at that age.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Her very own binners.

Dress him up!
    Do his make up!
    Style his barnet!
    Force feed him Greggs!

rob2
    Free Member

My daughter has just turned 7, in the last year she has loved…

A digital camera (just a cheap kids one)
    Shopkins (seriously)
    One of those where’s wally type books where you have to find things on a page. Moshi one was her favourite.
    Pretend Make up (I know)
    Face paints (her parents will love you!)
    Puzzle books and nice pencils (my daughter likes writing a lot)

They grow up hugely between 6 and 7.

loddrik
    Free Member

TY sparkly eyed teddies are all the rage at the moment, my 6yr old has loads of them and absolutely adores them. Does she have a Furby? Annoying as hell but the kids love them. Heelys are also a great purchase at that sort of age.

edhornby

clothes, they still grow really quick and they love outfit changes

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ask her? Or do you not interact with her 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A lot depends on what she likes but i got my friends little girl a set of 48 colouring pencils and some colouring books for Christmas and she loves them, I’m sure you can theme the colouring books accordingly. She uses them for the colouring books but also uses them for school so educational and recreational, everyones happy.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Unicycle. It’s relatively easy to learn at a young age.

scaled
    Free Member

Force feed him Greggs!

You’ve got one of those dodgy Chinese knock offs

oldnpastit

Raspberry Pi.

FuzzyWuzzy

Roller-skates/blades?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nerf gun. I got my 7 yo one disguised as a bag for Christmas, much to mums disapproval but it means she can defend herself from her brother.

jekkyl

Lego of course, everyone loves Lego. Get some themed around her favourite movie if there’s any available?
    eg http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/2975982.htm

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d agree on art and craft stuff. My daughter is perfectly happy with a pile of A4 paper and a tub of pens and pencils. I bought her one of those Tesco Hudl tablets and it never gets looked, the pens are always out and being used.

jimdubleyou

Beados. No, that isn’t an ill-advised pun/joke – they are actually called Beados

http://www.argos.co.uk/beta/static/Product/partNumber/4185024.htm

Niece loves ’em.

rocketman
    Free Member

Nothing

Otherwise you’ll be locked into a spiralling gift extravaganza that gets more and more expensive every year

HTH

sturmeyarcher

My 6 year old loves her Lottie Dolls – Link

They are a subtle antidote to the evil Disney pushes upon young women.

MoreCashThanDash

Crafty/arty stuff if she’s into that kind of stuff

Lego Friends – my daughter was that age when she started on it, now have a village covering most of the living room floor

How about a daytrip somewhere – could be dull as shopping so she can find something she wants you to buy her, or a sport she’s into, a zoo she hasn’t been to, a show? My scatty brother-in-laws have – to be fair – always tried to take them to places as a treat. A day trip on the ferry to Isle of Wight being the one they still go on about the most.

johndoh
    Free Member

Very much depend on what she likes to do. Our 6 yr olds like arts and craft things, fairies, books, anything to do with animals (lots of ‘interactive’ animals around these days).

One of the two still loves lots of cuddly toys, the other isn’t bothered with them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘nieces 6th birthday – what on earth to get her?’ is closed to new replies.