Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • nicotine… what vapouriser?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’m gonna give up smoking..

A vapouriser should remove the satisfaction factor and I’m getting pretty desperate now…

Sooo

what’s everyone’s favourite vapouriser?

RustySpanner

Home use or a public tobacco substitute?

yunki
    Free Member

both… ideally I’d like something that is reliable, inexpensive and doesn’t look too industrial

RustySpanner

I’ve an e-cig from Liberty Flights for everyday use. Nice bit of kit, about £45.

Use a Blue Meanie vapouriser at home.
    Had it years, basically an upturned soldering iron in a jar!
    About £30 bitd.

Very good, tbh.
    A little research suggests it’s awful compared to the much pricier stuff available these days.

binners

You joining the moral support group yunki?

I’m just using one of these, which seems to be doing the trick. 3 days in and Ive not used it anywhere near as much as I thought I would

wrecker
    Free Member

Jeez, I’ve gone through so much of this kit. Just start with two eGo batteries (one in use, one charged/charging) and a Kanger protank mini.

http://www.ivapour.co.uk/janty-ego/ego-batteries/evod-900mah-battery.html
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-mini-protank-3.html

Don’t buy anything made by aspire, and just accept that the kit isn’t perfect. Do go into the local shops, try a few juices and decide on a couple you like. Buying juices blind can get very expensive until you realise that the reviews and descriptions are largely bollocks. Start at 9 or 12mg nicotine.

Drop me a PM yunki, I have some juices that I haven’t used that you’d be welcome to.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The clearomiser and battery that Binners links to is as good as anything to start off on. One bit of advice from my experience is to def buy another battery and consider buying some form of pass-through for use when on the laptop or in the car. One way you’ll fall off the wagon is if you’re craving and your batteries are flat. I found a pass through a massive improvement from a life which previously seemed to revolve around constantly charging up batteries.

EDIT I use a 510 mini USB passthrough

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Bought the Liberty Flights kit this week for 19.99. Perfect so far. Haven’t needed to re-charge it yet in 6 days- based on about 7 toots 4 or five times a day (used to smoke this amount of rollies)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Things have moved on from the days of Ego batteries and are much much better know, although I was able to quit my 30 year (jeez) smoking habit with them, I’d recommend something like

WISMEC PRESA 40W

or

Innokin Cool Fire IV

I went for the former based on the larger battery size and a couple of disappointments with Innokin products.

Combine with Kanger SubTank Mini

and you’re good to go

wrecker
    Free Member

Things have moved on from the days of Ego batteries and are much much better know

Of course, but the new kit is much bigger and more expensive. An eGo is a very cheap way of dipping your toe, and the kanger mini is pretty good. A beginner will have no use for a 40w box mod.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ What’s a ‘beginner’? I’m hoping to get off this in a few months of reducing the nicotine, will seriously doubt my quitting motives if looking at vaping as an ongoing expense/addiction! 8)

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not just the cost, it’s the need/use. Most vapers start on stuff like the eGo, EVOD etc then go big when they find it’s working for them. It’s like deciding you like the look of MTBing and going out and buying a DH bike.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I agree with wrecker, just buy some 510 batteries, clearomiser/tank and a few dif liquids and see whether it’s for you. If it is, then maybe consider something Bimbler linked to (altho I’ve managed quite happily on the above simple kit for about 4 years now).

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

don’t do it yunki. Go cold turkey. Giving up nicotine is the easy bit, giving up a habit is the hard part. Based on most of the posters above, vaping is not going to help you give up nicotine, it’s just going to keep your habit going with another method.

wrecker
    Free Member

Actually it makes giving up easier as you can gradually reduce your nicotine intake by using lower strength juice. 12 – 9 – 6 – 3 – 0. Might take 9 months to a year but your chance of relapse is greatly reduced.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I often vape with zero nicotine, if I do have nicotine, it will be the lowest I could buy. Not sure I’ll ever crack the routine/habit.

yunki
    Free Member

Yeah.. It’s part of a long term plan..

I’ve gone cold turkey successfully in the past, but I’m not really ina position to do that again now til mid november so I’m just looking to reduce the attraction until that time..

I’ve given up a methamphetamine habit in the past so I’m pretty genned up on successful methods of breaking the cycle of addiction, but nick O tine is a cruel opponent..

Thanks for all the advice folks.. I’m gonna head down to the local vape shop after lunch

Bimbler
    Free Member

Disagree with Wrecker and Banana, buying Ego stuff is like getting into Mountain Biking and buying a £500 hardtail, you know you’re going to upgrade within the year and you may as well have bought the £1k hardtail from the off.

Plus, never mind the metaphors, the bigger stuff works much much better, if you’re a heavy smoker you’re much more likely to have success with some mid range kit than the low end stuff, even the mid range kit that I linked to above is what, a week on the fags, two?

mefty
    Free Member

I have been vaping for a couple of years mainly inspired by this forum and I think it is nealglover who gave particularly noteworthy advice.

I haven’t been through a lot of different kit, but I have now reduced it to the following:

Vision Spinner II batteries x 2 (from sirvapealot – recommended by Deadly Darcy, although can’t find them on their site at the moment)
    Kangar evod x2 (they have replaceable internals which keeps the long term cost down)
    2 USB charger, which plug into existing hardware (i.e computer, mains charger or cigarette lighter charger for car)

I mix my own juice (I only have one flavour) using cloudvaping and decadent vapours for supplies, but would recommend a sample box of different types of flavours in the first instance to determine what type you like – mine came from JacVapour who had a much better variety than others at the time.

I started off with a kit from UKCigStore but all I use now is the case!

acidchunks

Having gone through a few different setups (and never been completely happy with any of them) I’m getting on really well with an aspire nautilus mini tank and a 20w eleaf istick battery (2200mah).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hey mefty…good to hear it’s still working.

I’m still on a similar set-up. I run two Vision Spinners. Sirvapealot doesn’t sell them anymore but they can be found on amazon. I find I get a day and a bit’s usage out of one so that works well. They’re compact enough the carry around and some of the monstrosities that people are using are just crazy!

I need to get a decent clearomizer set up though. Might try those Kangers. Still use vapealot’s site for menthol liquids though – as I get through maybe 100 ml a month, and sometimes less, I can’t be arsed with the faff of mixing them myself. I’d also do something silly like leave the stuff within a toddler’s reach at home. 😳

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Disagree with Wrecker and Banana, buying Ego stuff is like getting into Mountain Biking and buying a £500 hardtail, you know you’re going to upgrade within the year and you may as well have bought the £1k hardtail from the off.

The other analogy then would be, deciding to have a go at mountain biking, rushing out and buying a £4000 carbon mince tank and then, after a couple of rides, realising you didn’t like mountain biking.

mefty
    Free Member

DD – Yes thanks, better longevity than anticipated.

The evods are cheap and simple. (I think there is a MKII which may be better) They are bottom coil which seem to give a better draw but are more of a pain to refill, a small amount of liquid is always lost and needs to be wiped away. I did buy a kangar product that was a bottom coil but could be refilled from the top, the Unitank, but that leaked and was useless. Would be interested if anyone had found something that is cheap and does deliver this combination.

wrecker
    Free Member

I don;t think any of the tanks are really good enough yet. I’ve had an aspire K1, which gurgled and blocked with high VG juices and was a proper prick to get off. The nautilus mini was even worse, just unusable – completely crap. I have a Kanger protank nano which is by a long long way the best performer, but due to the screw and seal arrangement is prone to leaks. I also have a mech mod with a k-fun copy but I CBA with coil rebuilding, I’ll sell it and get something else, unsure what.
    I’m done with spensive kit now, I’ll go for something smaller, maybe an EVOD.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

but I CBA with coil rebuilding,

a couple of years ago I did it for 6 months or more with a Vivi Nova, eventually I also decided I CBA, results were very hit and miss. I’m trying out a K1 at the moment, but not 100% happy, seem to have to go blue in the face to get any decent smoke.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve got an evod.. 2 complete kits for £40

No more fags 🙂

binners

Good luck with it Yunki!

I’ve just bought some mixed berry flavoured fluid. Its like smoking Vimto. And that can only be a good thing 😀

Bimbler
    Free Member

The other analogy then would be, deciding to have a go at mountain biking, rushing out and buying a £4000 carbon mince tank and then, after a couple of rides, realising you didn’t like mountain biking.

But but but that would make an evo like a £2000 Giant or something 😀

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    I don;t think any of the tanks are really good enough yet. I’ve had an aspire K1, which gurgled and blocked with high VG juices and was a proper prick to get off. The nautilus mini was even worse, just unusable – completely crap. I have a Kanger protank nano which is by a long long way the best performer, but due to the screw and seal arrangement is prone to leaks. I also have a mech mod with a k-fun copy but I CBA with coil rebuilding, I’ll sell it and get something else, unsure what.
    I’m done with spensive kit now, I’ll go for something smaller, maybe an EVOD.

If you can’t be bothered with coil building drop me an email, I’ve got an unused Atlantis 2 which I’ve been meaning to sell. Also have a used Kanger Sub Tank Mini which has to go…

wrecker
    Free Member

Cheers but I might persevere with the nano yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘nicotine… what vapouriser?’ is closed to new replies.