Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Nicolai Pricing
  • mildred

I can confirm, although I haven’t tried, I just know from discusions ,that Nicolai won’t sell direct in the UK.

I can confirm because I have tried to order one through the order generator. The following day Nicolai emailed me directly with an order form to send to Momentum.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I can understand how it is frustrating. Have you tried to get the frame you want through a german store?

I personally though would be more pissed if it was nicolai selling direct for more rather than another company.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hmmm, I’m not so sure that refusing to sell to a customer in another EU country is entirely legal…

druidh
    Free Member

Yes it is. However, there is a proposalfor a EU “Common Sales Law” that would finally break down those barriers/restrictions.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK so to save Nicolai having to employ english speaking people to deal with enquirers and warranty issues they use a UK distributor who can deal with all of us in the UK and do thire sales & promotion etc. This adds to the cost as opposed to germany where they can absorb that themselves. If they were to distribute from Germany to all of Europe then expect their costs to increase.

hora
    Free Member

Nicolai manufacture their bikes in Germany? All the power to them if true.

I like their USP although I can’t afford!

honourablegeorge

Zulu-Eleven – Member
    Hmmm, I’m not so sure that refusing to sell to a customer in another EU country is entirely legal…

They sell through German retailers, don’t think they sell direct at all.

honourablegeorge

hora – Member
    Nicolai manufacture their bikes in Germany? All the power to them if true.

I like their USP although I can’t afford!

Some nice video stuff too – http://vimeo.com/12302086

Sandwich

Travelex are offering 1.20 today.

A tad disingenuous because you use a broker and will be achieving more like €1.24 to the pound or you need a new forex agent!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

A tad disingenuous because you use a broker and will be achieving more like €1.24 to the pound or you need a new forex agent!

Actually we use our bank who probably give us a fairly good rate but screw us for a chunky foreign transaction fee.

bencooper
    Free Member

Besides, the exchange rate today is irrelevant – it’s the average over the last 6 months and predicted over the next 6 months that matters.

I’m still pricing most things assuming 1.15 – will probably change that with 2013 pricing, but still have to have some wiggle room.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai Pricing’ is closed to new replies.