Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nicolai helius help me chose !
  • sprocker
    Free Member

I am 40 this year and am treating myself I think to a nicolai. Had a look and struggling to decide between the helius ac or helius tr with 29 inch wheels. Ride mainly in the peak with trips to Scotland, lakes the odd alps trip, generally full days in the saddle and enjoy the technical descents. I tested a tallboy lt and really liked it but unsure which will suit me best. The tr is slacker than the tallboy with shorter chain stays so looks like it might fit the bill or do I go for the more aggressive ac. Anyone got one, ridden one etc, any advise appreciated.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Don’t think they do the AC anymore sprocker. Unless you know somewhere that has AC stock.

Think it’s the more trail orientated TB at 120-130mm and the ION 15 at 150-160mm in the 29er range.

Like the look of both but think I want something in the middle at 140mm and probably made of plastic.

shredder
    Free Member

Had a Helius CC which I loved but fancied something with more travel slacker etc.

So have a AC 650b frame on order. As far as I know you can still order a AC in 26″ flavour or of course 650b.

Superb frames / bikes.

sprocker
    Free Member

King of biscuits – they are taking orders for the ac in 650b for delivery Aug I think. I considered plastic myself and really enjoyed a tallboy ltc I tried but just fancy a nicolai to be a bit different.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I suppose I’m in a similar position and do similar riding. Although I’ve not ridden a 650b bike I’m more sold on 9ers. Especially as I own a Solaris. So my search has started for a 140mm FS trail-orientated 9er to replace my 140mm FS trail-orientated 26er.

I like the look of the Nicolai TB on paper but fancy a bit more travel. If they still did the AC in 9er guise I’d be more interested.

Stumpy Evo 29 was nice to ride but I just wasn’t fully sold. Perhaps need more time on the bike which is why I’ve re-booked the demo. Looking to try an LTc but never really been keen on SC bikes. Desparate to throw a leg over an SB95c but finding it difficult to source a demo. Gonna try a Five29 also.

Sorry for the hijack. Try getting in touch with Moonglu in Ripon (I think) as they are Nicolai dealers.

sprocker
    Free Member

18 bikes do them to so looking to go through them, Simon from nicolai said the tr will handle almost anything apart from hucking.

He said it was more down to the componenets on the frame as they are built burly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai helius help me chose !’ is closed to new replies.