Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nicolai Helius CC opinions, size etc…
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’m looking at buying a Helius CC frame, 2007/8 in large. I’m 5’11 32 leg. From the figures it looks spot on for the geometry I usually ride.

How would the 2007/8 ride with a 140mm fork? And is the standover silly with a larger fork, making the BB very high indeed?

Thanks

Butty

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

A 140mm fork is fine on the CC though we normally recommend 120-130mm. A 140mm fork will slacken the head angle by about half a degree and, whilst it will raise the BB slightly, it makes no material difference to the standover.

If you think about it you’re only adding 10mm to the front end so it’s less than half of that at the bottom bracket. In use a third of your additional travel is given up to sag so the actual impact on the BB you ride is less than 3mm.

neninja
    Free Member

I’m 5ft7.5 and ride a medium (it’s a late 2008 frame that I bought new last year)

The stand-over is pretty high but I think that the large is very little higher than the medium – I’ve got a 30-31 inside leg so you should be fine.

I run a 140mm Talas fork and it rides really well. I sometimes drop it to 110 for climbing but 140 feels sweet the rest of the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai Helius CC opinions, size etc…’ is closed to new replies.