Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nicolai Helius AC
  • ferrit
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Experiences?

I believe that there was a Helius AC review in MBR in December. Is anyone man enough to a) Own up to buying MBR b) Give me a rough idea of what they thought?

Other thoughts on this frame welcome!

.duncan
    Free Member

Tesco clubcard voucher things paid for out sub.. lemme go dig it out 😉

the_lecht_rocks

ferrit – check here :

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

i'm thinking about trading in my Helius AM for an AC.

.duncan
    Free Member

mbr "verdict":

– Performance-wise its "right up there" with some of the top production bikes

– Stiff and responsive frame with balanced handling

– Suspension leads towards traction instead of pedalling efficiency

– Nice customization options

Anywhoo hope that helps 🙂

timpol
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Not to hi-jack but why you getting rid of your am? am short finals to getting an am any reasons not to?

the_lecht_rocks

timpol – for trail riding in NE Scotland , it's too much bike. the bike is uited to alpine descending imo. low BB and long TT.
    i also think 174mm of rear travel [on a 200 x 57mm stroke CCDB] is ridiculous.
    i fancy the AC as it's pure trail orientated. 146mm, will work lovely with a 150mm Fox 32 FLOAT and will be well balanced. i also considered a DWL 5 Spot, but not keen on the hyperbole and my dealer can't cut a deal 😀
    the AM pedal strike eats away at me, and yes, I've adapted, but just think the AC would provide more enjoyment.
    however, i'm desparate for a demo before committing, as the AM is a truly awesome bike, it's just OTT for what i need right now……..

the_lecht_rocks

pinches
    Free Member

I'm just waiting to have enough saved up to buy an AC 🙂

then i just need to sell my exisiting frame and fork in order to buy some 150mm forks and a seatpost

timpol
    Free Member

Yea understand, ive booked into Afan to test the am, think i may find the same as im comming off a Yeti 575 which has quite a high bb but want something that i can give more abuse too. Do you find the bike heavy to climb or is it not noticable? Ive been offered a am with a ccdb and im very tempted to say the least.

ferrit
    Free Member

I like the "Suspension leads towards traction instead of pedalling efficiency". Schweet.

Lecht – I had similar thoughts – AM is overkill for what I need. What size is that frame? Anyone happen to have a large frame pic?

I basically want the moon on a stick…

ferrit
    Free Member

Duncan – cheers for that. Also liking the nice custom options. Awesome.

the_lecht_rocks

timpol – who offered you the AM ? in the UK ?

timpol
    Free Member

t_l_r yea its in the uk, id rather not say on here. I know it sounds a bit stupid but as you know they dont come up often and i want to test ride one again before i buy it.

akira

I thought the AM was 130-160mm of travel, never seen a Helius I haven't liked and hopefully when I've finished saving I can get one.

metalheart
    Free Member

TLR: let me know if you get an AC as I'd really like a shot on it/one…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai Helius AC’ is closed to new replies.