Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nicolai 2013
  • the_lecht_rocks
    _tom_
    Free Member

ION 16 looks awesome! Very interested to read more about that one. Hope they keep the raw finish.

captaindanger

Simon told metadpole were getting excited about the ion. I have been hovering over the ac for some time, now there appears to be a big gap between 120 and 160mm travel though? Kind of think 160 is too much for almost everything I do, apart from the occasional alps trip I suppose….

the_lecht_rocks

disappointing the ac29er is now 140mm and suited to the fox 34.

i love mine with a fox 32 120mm float.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I have been hovering over the ac for some time, now there appears to be a big gap between 120 and 160mm travel though? Kind of think 160 is too much for almost everything I do, apart from the occasional alps trip I suppose….

The 2013 AC can be run with a fork from 140mm to 160mm and has rear travel that can be set at either 140mm or 150mm. With a 150mm (typically 32mm stanchion) fork the head angle will be about half a degree slacker than last year but the top tube lengths have been extended by 15mm so you can run a shorter stem for the same reach. The BB height will only change by a couple of mm. Some riders had already been running their ACs with 160mm forks for Alps trips (including Mark Alker from this parish) so it’s good that the warranty now covers this use. The other changes to the design mean that the weight change is negligible.

I’m going to be ordering my Pinion equipped AC really soon.

batfink
    Free Member

*spaff*

the_lecht_rocks

what does spaff mean ?

simon – what about the ac 29er and 120mm use ?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

spaff: to manipulate oneself to issue

Tis the end product rather than the act itself, I believe.

batfink
    Free Member

A slightly more constructive comment from me: I am now working-out how long it will take me to save up for an Ion.

the_lecht_rocks

Some brilliant options ow on head tube and rear axle, ottoman bracket, etc…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The new ottoman bracket is fantastic for more relaxed rides though the ‘ow’ head tube (works on the same principle as a steering wheel spike) is a bit risky for most of us.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

In other news, Nicolai have added more detailed tech sheets for some models

Yetiman
    Free Member

‘Coefficient of Awesomeness’….I like that.

I now have pretty much all the parts for my 2013 AC 29er…..I just need the frame now, which is due week 46 (I hope).

VanHalen

what sort of chain tensioner would you use for a pinioned AC? i`m thinking that is pretty much a perfic bike?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

You can either run a rear tensioner (such as Rohloff’s) or the specific Pinion tensioner that attaches to the gearbox and sits just behind the box under the chainstay.

messiah
    Free Member

I wonder if I have a sufficient “Coefficient of Awesomeness” for an Argon AM?

It would be a suitable replacement for my broken Ragley Troof, and good garage mate for my Helius AM 8)

messiah
    Free Member

*drool*

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai 2013’ is closed to new replies.