Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Nickleback
  • Cougar

It’s always been trendy to dislike pop-rock bands. Nickleback are just the current-day Bon Jovi, trying to appeal to both camps and being neither one nor the other as a result. I don’t mind them. personally; the singles I’ve heard are catchy enough, at any rate.

TBH, I’ll cheerfully take the likes of Nickleback over any of this Autotuned shite that’s saturating the charts at the moment.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

the dude outta Nickelback has nice hair – we need more hair rock bands in this ager of austerity and Simon Cowell-pimped pap ;-0

CountZero

I’m mildly fluffed up by that – you’re amazing x

No. I’ve just been buying music since 1970. And borrowing and copying too. Anyone with only 100 or so albums after forty years obviously has no interest in music. If someone only bought two albums a month over that time that’s 969 albums, averaging 10 tracks/album, 9600 tracks. Add on downloads, and the 140 free sample CD’s from The Word Magazine, which have fifteen tracks on, there’s 2100 extra going on 2500-2600.
    There’s 11700 tracks with very little effort. There are people around with Terrabytes of ripped music, I’m a lightweight by comparison. Those Word CD’s have been a great source of music, I’m going to miss them; fortunately Uncut magazine does a decent sampler too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MrPoddy you’re just still angry from when i guessed correctly that you were listening to avril lozenge

That was bizzare. It still worries me how you guessed that. I think you must be the child of the devil…. 😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

Oh come on, they’re lovely.

In Skyrim, I went Imperial because the Stormcloak leader Ulfric looked too much like Chad Kroeger…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s fashionable to hate them, an internet meme for redditers et al to denote coolness. I’ve heard a lot better, heard a lot worse, meh.

+1

Some people crawl so far up their own arse they forget it’s possible to enjoy stuff that isn’t as cool and edgy as they think they are.

MoreCashThanDash

Can’t believe this thread has lasted so long – no one was claiming they were Mozart or anything, jeez, we get cranky when we don’t get out and ride enough! 😆

Cougar

Anyone with only 100 or so albums after forty years obviously has no interest in music

Or listens to the radio a lot. My CD-buying habit pretty much stopped dead with the advent of Internet radio, DAB and Spotify.

(Or loves music but can’t afford “only” £25 / month on CDs)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Nickleback’ is closed to new replies.