Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Niche sport spotted at Swinley Forest today
  • cinnamon_girl

Well, much sniggering from me I can tell you! Men jogging along holding TV aerials then diving into the ferns with their arm outstretched. 😯

Whatever next. 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

Radio tracking somethine I’d guess?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Trying to find that ‘Big Cat’ that escaped ….but don’t worry it wont take long as it has a transmiter fitted… 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Is it not anything to do with the ride tomorrow.. some sort of preparations or rehearsal..?

there’s going to be a lot of folk out at Swinley tomorrow who aren’t usually allowed out without a special coat with long arms.. and two burly ‘nurses’ to keep an eye on them.. and large quantities of Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine with their breakfast in the morning..

allthepies
    Free Member

Locating the nutter escapee from Broadmoor with the tracker unit fitted in his brain. Apparently he likes sleeping out in forests and picking off stay MTBers from large groups and eating their brains. Sunday is his preferred feasting day 🙂

cinnamon_girl

😆 at the replies.

Actually it was hive of activity. Can you believe that there was an orienteering event with controls on the single track? Bit out of order I thought. 🙄

And you may well laugh about a Broadmoor escapee. Believe me, you don’t want to be over there when the siren goes off and especially when the bloke was found over there. 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And you may well laugh about a Broadmoor escapee

I remember someone escaping when I first moved round here, early 90s. I was working on the A331 and we were pouring concrete in the wall at the northern end near the M3 junction, between the road and the railway. The concrete plant was in Camberley, behind where the Big Yellow storage place is now, so it was literally a 5 minute drive for a truck to get to us.
    The feds locked this corner of Surrey/Hants/Berks down solid. And I mean solid. It took around 2 hours to make that journey at that point…. Nothing was allowed to move.

cinnamon_girl

Unfortunately a few have escaped since I’ve lived in the vicinity. And I was actually in Swinley when one escaped! You’re right Pete – everything comes to a standstill.

noteeth
    Free Member

Some form of badger monitoring, I imagine.

cinnamon_girl

Some form of badger monitoring, I imagine.

😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Niche sport spotted at Swinley Forest today’ is closed to new replies.