Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Niche? 26" rigid….
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Havevjustvput some rigid (mosso) 650b forks on my steel hardtail (631 Pipedream Sirius) and fitted some 1.75 maxxis overdrives to commuter-ise my bike. I love it. Pics in the morning…anyone else donecthe same? Post ya rigid 26 inch MTB commuters here.

Northwind

This is benched just now but BEHOLD! An unkillable 90s Carrera. Much too small for me now but otherwise, not too shabby. Exage, baby!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9YEjM9]IMAG0010[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

somafunk

26″ rigid can’t possibly be niche as i ride one – I’m 43 and never been niche or hipster fashionable in my life.

Or my sometimes commuter bike to compare,

and how it looked back in 1994

Northwind

I’ve never got round to putting the rigid forks in mine- always on the “to do” list. Are those 26er or 29er forks?

kcal

not sure how to post up the pick but 95 Kilaeua rigid 26″ SS is my default MTB really.

karlsbug
    Free Member

I put rigid 29er 465mm forks on my 26er sometimes. Replaces a 130mm sus fork.

somafunk

26″ exotics on the cove and old (original) pace rigid forks on the indian fire trail,

Northwind

Oh, sorry Somafunk, I thought that was a ragley rather than a hummer, bad eyes

billytinkle
    Free Member

My daily commuter…

psycorp
    Free Member

I’m just about to build a 26″ rigid around a 456 carbon evo frame.

I’ve never been so nichetastic!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Was riding my ridgid 26 wednesday eveing on out local mtb evening ride and it was great ,
    Looks like 26 is alive and well

deejayen
    Free Member

I don’t commute on it anymore, but this probably fits the bill…

Every so often I take a notion to look for a springy 26″ bike but with a more up-to-date (mincer-friendly) riding position, if there is such a thing.

aa
    Free Member

No pics to post, but, 26″ wheeled salsa a la carte singlespeed. Bonty street tyres.
    Makes for 36 minute 10 mile commute. Had a couple of roadies sit on for about 3 miles the other week. Until the road went down, then they ripped past me….

aa
    Free Member

Bit wierd, but I like bikes like them up there ^^

kiwijohn

My rolling collection of vintage parts.

aw
    Free Member

nice pics

I used to ride a 97 cindercone with P2 forks but ultimately the frame was a little too small for me. It loved singletrack and I never really missed FS at all 🙂

leythervegas
    Free Member

Heres my Inbred which I have recently built up for next to nothing. Gutted as currently have major headset issues so may need a new frame.

Bregante

This is my old Kona Hahanna which I used for off road commuting for a couple of years, despite it being far too small for me really. Sold it to someone on here iirc.

Alpha1653

My first ever mtb back in the day – a 97 Cinder Cone. Rehashed and built from spares as a commuter though never used. Now it’s my XC bike for the odd race here and there. Light and wants to go far quicker than I can.

(awaits obligatory comments about fence/garden etc. I’ll pass them onto the landlord).

OCB
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden mine since, hmm, last weekend.

mattsccm
    Free Member

My latest project , last night, was just that. A Hard rock from the late 80’s. As they are so trendy I had better sell it. Any takers?

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

My stripped back to aluminium Boardman rigid. Looks very similar to some of the others posted here…………….

WildHunter2009

Until i fitted those revelations you very kindly sold me (which are awesome by the way, cheers!) my charge duster had xlite carbon rigids. Ruddy awesome but on occasion a little bit exciting on the rougher trails.

unovolo
    Free Member

Take one of these

Leave in a darkened room(garage is ideal)with your other ingredients.
    And a couple of months later you will be left with this.

racefaceec90

would love to get some kona rigid disc forks for my duster (painted to match the frame).

any recommendations for a steel fork (disc only) to fit my duster?

unovolo
    Free Member

I can thoroughly recommend the Salsa Cromotos that I have on my Saracen above,
    Mine are slightly modified as they had V brake bosses which I ground off and also removed and polished the mudguards bosses from the dropouts before having them and the frame Powdercoated in a Fuchsia colour.

OCB
    Free Member

My Kona ^ has a set of 29er, disc-only PII’s on. That bike doesn’t get used for anything where the extra ~50mm or so of A-C length (over the stock forks from back-in-the-day) threaten the head-tube, plus I think the handling is greatly improved now, so I’m very happy with it/them.

I think I’ve got a set of 700 PII’s too in store, (from a Kona Dew perhaps(?)) – they are also disc only, but have a shorter A-C than the 29er version does (not a sales pitch, I’m keeping them, but it might help in your search).

P20

Can’t be that niche. It’s about 15yr old

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nVDUm5]Ritchey P20[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

firestarter
    Free Member

Timely thread as ive just picked this up 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Glad you’re happy with those Revs wild hunter…. Mines looking pretty nice too.

burglarboycie
    Free Member

My stealth Whippet.
    I never got round to weighing it before it was sold but damn it was light!!
    18″ frame, exotic carbon forks, syntace stem with bontrager carbon bars, exotic carbon ti seat post, middleburn rs8 uno with kcnc bb, hope pro3 sp xc3 wheels tubeless with racing ralph evo pace star (or something like that!) and a load of other lovely bits and bobs including a load of beautiful mt zoom bits.
    Sold it to buy a lefty hardtail but then never actually got round to getting one!! Come to think of it, I don’t know where the proceeds from its sale went (looks suspiciously at the wife!!)

Alex

Another Kona!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/5CbD1d]Kona Kilauea[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Didn’t commute on it. Was a copy of my 2nd ever mountain bike. Didn’t quite live up to my memories sadly.

kerley
    Free Member

Not used for commuting but then half the bikes here don’t seem to be so any excuse

Stainypants

Just bought thie for my commute for £5O of Gumtree.

And I’m currently building up a rigid Scandal for light bikepacking duties.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

When I have more space I must get round to building this up…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Niche? 26" rigid….’ is closed to new replies.