Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Nicest seaside town for day trip….
  • …from Derbyshire?

We know all about Whitby, Brid, Scarborough and North Norfolk (which is a drag to get to anyway).

Any we are missing – anything nice in North Wales without going too far across?

Ta

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Rhyll? 👿

K’off

Nipper99
    Free Member

Port Talbot is nice this time of the year.

bigblackshed

Aberavon? The sea is a funny colour though. And the sea plants glow in the dark.

tinribz
    Free Member

Anyone recommend Porthmadog?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Conwy, Aberdyfi, Criccieth!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Depends what you’re after but Llandudno, Conway and Anglesey are all pretty good for a day out- Llandudno west shore is best for a more natural beach away from the Zimmer crew

Formby has been recommended but not been- pay to get into a forest with picnic spots and sand dunes a plenty

Pigface
    Free Member

Bigblackshed that is a big fat lie, they glow 24/7

Somewhere on Anglesey

toby1

tinribz – Member

Anyone recommend Porthmadog?

Drove up onto the beach there last year, took a stroll along the beach and got hazy sunburn on my head. Aside from the large array of decaying jellies on the beach it was lovely!

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m glad I don’t have to ask any of you lot for directions in North Wales.
    Prestatyn or Talacre aren’t too bad, the you’d either have to go inland a bit or over to Conwy/Llandudno/Colwyn Bay.
    What qualifies as nice?
    Thanks for spitting in our faces essel.

project
    Free Member

New Brighton, West Kirby, Moreton,llandudno,

East coast weather looking better than west, but Ta for all replies. Don, as awfully nondescript the word ‘nice’ is, looking for not full of chavs, clean, maybe a bit quaint – everything skegness isn’t, or rhyll for that matter

jota180
    Free Member

East coast weather looking better than west, but Ta for all replies. Don, as awfully nondescript the word ‘nice’ is, looking for not full of chavs, clean, maybe a bit quaint – everything skegness isn’t, or rhyll for that matter

Robin Hood’s Bay then?

the-muffin-man

Just below Mablethorpe…

Anderby Creek if all you want is a nice beach and cafe (and dunes to play in). Then take a short drive down to Chapel St. leonards if you want a few more cafes, pubs and an arcade!

By default any large seaside town will be full this weekend though.

Llandudno is nice but its a fair old trek for a day-trip from Derbyshire.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks for spitting in our faces essel

No probs.

It is though isn’t it? Rhyll, a shithole of the very 1st order?

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s Rhyl not Rhyll!!! And yes, it’s a shithole.
    “ll” is a different letter with a different pronunciation. 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I stand corrected.

(said the man in the orthopedic shoes)

geoffj

Beaumaris – bit of a schlep from Derbyshire though

takisawa2

Newquay in Wales is nice. Not much there, but has a nice chip shop, & little beach.

bigblackshed

takisawa2 – Member
    Newquay in Wales is nice. Not much there, but has a nice chip shop, & little beach.

Newquay maybe nice, but the holiday park there is f***ing horrible. Full of the s***iest, scummiest chavs known to Chavsville.

* you may guess it was the worst holiday I’ve ever been on.

The only places I could offer an opinion on in North Wales would be Beaumaris, Porthmadog & Hells Mouth. All a bit bit of a trek from Derby. But then everywhere is.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The quiet bits between brid and scar, hunmanby gap, or a little further south out towards the lighthouse but still north of brid! Can’t think what it’s called though. Love white chalk cove and nice and secluded!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Drive a bit further to pembrokeshire and you are spoilt for choice.. don’t forget your bike too as there’s some great bits of little cheeky singletrack

shifter
    Free Member

Seaside? On a sunny Sunday?? You must be bonkers!
    I’m a lucky so&so, I’m just about to go HOME to Cleethorpes, then bed until the Tour starts 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Nicest seaside town for day trip….’ is closed to new replies.