Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Nicest instant coffee?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

after trying a few different instants – i settled on keeping a cafetiere and coffee in my drawer – i tried to pack in coffee but after starting on long days , especially just after lunch i need a good pick me up , only ever drink 2 cups a day thought 1 with breakfast and one after lunch.

instant coffee didnt have the hit i was looking for

one of the lads in the office did says "jesus terry your becoming as metro as scotty" – as he poured hot water into his nescafe :S

rootes1

remember…

don't think of instant coffee as an inferior coffee drink…

but a drink in its own right. It tastes better then.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just don't do it. It's not hard to quickly make a half decent cup of Joe these days. I use this:

Edric64
    Free Member

What's with all this poncy coffee? instant is fine .Most of the other stuff taste like bitter shite

jahwomble
    Free Member

"remember…

don't think of instant coffee as an inferior coffee drink…

but a drink in its own right. It tastes better then. "

yup…..

Not always practical to put a pot of coffee on when you're trying to pull a 3 year old out of the dishwasher by his ankle,get a 7 year old dressed, and an 11 year old to just "Eat the toast!!!, it's all there is till I've been shopping", and you needed to leave for school exactly seven minutes ago.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Underhill – Member
    +1 for Kenco Rich. Buy it in the Eco Refill bag & feel good about yourself.
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah and they just take more profit from you trying to be good. It's bollocks marketing.

trail_rat
    Free Member

keep premade cold coffee in the fridge then 😉 iced coffee 😀

second only to hot coffee for kick starting you out the door on the morning

Northwind

rootes1 – Member

"don't think of instant coffee as an inferior coffee drink…"

I don't. I think of it as an equal coffee drink, often a superior coffee drink. All just a matter of taste. Most "proper" coffee does no more for me than a good instant

chewkw
    Free Member

I buy my coffee beans from local Geordie producers … 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

Instant – whatever's on offer at Tesco. Kenko or Gold Blend, Percol or DE. No FairTrade rubbish though.

theotherjonv

Some days ernie_lynch annoys me with his contrariness / mild trolling, but sometimes he hits high points of near genius.

ernie_lynch – Member
    I avoid all Fairtrade coffee as I can't help feeling that it's an attempt to rip me off. Presumably what they refer to as "fair" is me paying overinflated prices so that some greedy coffee bean growers can overcharge for their produce.

And I don't buy into this nonsense about it helping to pay for their children's university education ………….. why would anyone need a university degree to grow coffee beans FFS

The only "lesson" they need to learn, is how market forces work. And the best way to teach them that, is to make certain they only get the market rate for their coffee beans ……………. ungrateful greedy gits

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Avoid instant coffee.

I think it's impossible to find a 'decent' tasting instant anything. Let alone coffee.

Try a coffee peculator instead.

I think it's worth the extra effort.

[Mind you, when it comes to coffee, I can be something of a fundamentalist].

konabunny
    Free Member

Hairychested – Member
    No FairTrade rubbish though.

I agree. Fairtrade coffee and chocolate taste shite. IMO, it's the illiterate child slaves' tears that give depth of flavour and umami.

http://www1.american.edu/ted/chocolate-slave.htm

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Under the financial cosh these days, I've started drinking instant instead of actual ground coffee beans.

I doubt you'll find an instant that tastes like coffee, but Nescafe standard has an actual taste of sorts, and seems like an efficient caffeine delivery system…

paul4stones

I can stand M+S fairtrade Italian blend if necessary. £4.99 a jar not too painful.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

4.99 a jar? Is it a really big one?

oldgit
    Free Member

Tesco Classic 100% nonce free.

yunki
    Free Member

If.. for some reason you have decided to conjure up an excuse for drinking instant coffee.. and you have deluded yourself that you will gain some sort of perverse satisfaction from doing so.. then there can be only one sensible course of action..

instead of reaching for the jar of granulated shizzle.. just grab a teabag and have yourself a proper drink..

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Nicest instant coffee?’ is closed to new replies.