Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Nice – Union Jack special edition Thompson Post!
  • richen987
    Free Member

If I was in the market for a new non-droppy post and rode an english made bike this would be a fantastic bit of kit!
    Might be considered a bit tarty, but I think it’s pretty sweet.

mmb
    Free Member

does it come in ti?

Rorschach
    Free Member

nice hideous

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If I was in the market for a new non-droppy post and rode an english a British made bike this would be a fantastic bit of kit!

FTFY. 🙂

jordie
    Free Member

it looks like a stick of rock from Blackpool

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did consider one for my new build. But the colours don’t really go, would look mint on a white frame IMHO

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Nice – Union JackFlag special edition Thompson Post

😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The side they have photo’d looks Ok, the other looks crap as the flag doesn’t go all the way round

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good work, fellow pedant, Shep! 😉

d45yth
    Free Member

Never mind that, where’s the bars!
    I’ve heard they’re going to be looking into making a dropper post…sales of their normal one’s must be falling.

donsimon
    Free Member

Gopping.

bloodynora
    Free Member

^ Predictable from the resident spain fanboy….. tis beautiful, WANT!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I want one for my white painted Orange. But I wouldn’t want to spoil it so it would have to stay on the mantelpiece.

Do they do a matching stem?

donsimon
    Free Member

^ Predictable from the resident spain fanboy….. tis beautiful, WANT!

Bless you my child.
    Why would I want one? There is nothing to do with my flag and I find there is a certain small minded attitude that goes hand in hand with the flag that I don’t particularly like either.
    If they did something like this, I’d be interested.

What do you reckon?

wiltsrider
    Free Member

Gopping.

+1

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice – Union JackFlag special edition Thompson Post

That is a myth: The Admiralty decided in 1902 that is was acceptable to use either, regardless of the location.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yuck.

Fanboys will of course swarm.

richen987
    Free Member

well pedants aside I thought it was quite cool.
    I too have heard Thompson are making a dropper post, there was even a page put up by accident I believe on their website a while ago, anyone heard any more about this?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

That is a myth: The Admiralty decided in 1902 that is was acceptable to use either, regardless of the location

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I too have heard Thompson are making a dropper post, there was even a page put up by accident I believe on their website a while ago, anyone heard any more about this?

Spy shot:

atlaz
    Free Member

Why would I want one? There is nothing to do with my flag and I find there is a certain small minded attitude that goes hand in hand with the flag that I don’t particularly like either.

There’s a certain small mindedness that goes with some people and most flags; Wales is no different either. It’s the people, not the flag.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s the people, not the flag.

Completely agree and you can see a dramatic change from BNP/EDF association to the Jubilee celebrations and the Olympics.
    I just don’t like it and think it’s, well, gopping.
    EDIT: I went to uni with a few Welsh Nationalist and thought their views were a bit extreme, just a bit mind. 😉

andyl
    Free Member

was very tempted to buy one for my BRG scandal 29er. Merlin are the cheapest i have seen for all sizes

richen987
    Free Member

Shep – looks like it will be cable actuated from the side, not fully hydraulic, nice machining by the looks of it. May be one to watch out for

MussEd
    Free Member

That’s bowfin I’m afraid. Like a garish stalk of rock, or maybe one of those cheap phone covers you’d buy in a Pound Shop…

wrecker
    Free Member

What do you reckon?

I reckon there’s a stronger association to small mindedness with the flag you posted personally.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and he is not just saying that to be provocative he means it RIGHT

Its quite Ugly and the flag design does not work IMHO

donsimon
    Free Member

I reckon there’s a stronger association to small mindedness with the flag you posted personally.

Which of course is fine, and the comment of “gopping” when I introduce my range of Welsh components will be accepted without comment from me. 😉

sc-xc

Good work, fellow pedant

Respectfully, there’s no point worrying about the flag when you are happy to let the ‘P’ sneak in…

khani
    Free Member

I was fondling one of those Union jackflag posts in my LBS the other day,they look much nicer in the flesh than in that pic, very pimpy and very well finished!
    I wouldn’t buy one cos I’m too tight..but..I bet they sell em all….

Amos
    Free Member

The pendentry on this thread alone reminds why I find STW so exasperating most of the time…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Is this not just a stop-gap for those too repressed to get a tattoo on their Johnson?

theblackmount
    Free Member

Aye, why not go for the full English and see if you can get THOMSON to put a P in their name 😉

Yuk.

atlaz
    Free Member

I went to uni with a few Welsh Nationalist

Unrelated to the OP but my cousin is a borderline Welsh nationalist. Which is odd considering he was born in Boston, Lincs, raised in Southampton and only moved to Wales as an adult.

brakes
    Free Member

I think it’s badass, but doesn’t got with my black, grey or white colour schemes. maybe if they did a monochrome version. mmmmmmmmm.

Sandwich

Too many crosses on that one. Just needs the one red cross on a white background for me.
    There should also be a saltire version.

rwc03
    Free Member

Obviously not for everyone and not for every bike but I got sucked up in the Olympic spirit/marketing. I think it works on my old steel silver p7:

Speshpaul

Dear mr Thomson
    Could you make me a post like that one (points above) but in gloss/matt black please. and in 30.9mm:-)

pretty please
    paul

richen987
    Free Member

^^^^ that P7 looks rather nice with that I think!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So why open the thread when you know what it was all about? To whinge and complain and make a point to try and make yourself look clever/superior. That’s why.

You do realise the Union Jack represents Wales as well, don’t you? As in UNION…..

Phhhhhhhhhhhh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Nice – Union Jack special edition Thompson Post!’ is closed to new replies.