• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice places to stay around Settle
  • jonba
    Free Member

I’m planning a walking weekend with my wife. I was thinking somewhere around Settle at the end of April although plenty of the nearby towns and villages would do. Will be walking but will probably drive to the start of any walk, not really a concern. B+B, maybe Hotel <£100 per night. Ideally with a reasonable restaurant nearby. As it is also riding country I figured some one might have a recommendation. When I’ve done the 3 peaks I’ve gone down for the day or camped.

Mackem

The Craven Arms. On the edge of Settle. Tidy Hotel, good beer and food. Not silly prices.
    http://craven-arms.co.uk/

Always seem to have deal on Booking.com – matter of timing.
    We paid 60 quid per night (including brekkie)

chestrockwell

We had our wedding reception at The Coniston Hotel which is reasonably near. Lovely spot, great food.

Also try The Falcon at Settle.

Gary_C
    Esme
    Free Member

There’s a nice Premier Inn at Gargrave (Skipton North), next door to a Brewers Fayre pub.

martinhutch

Traddock Hotel in Austwick. Lovely walks and rides from the door. Gamecock pub in the village does decent grub too.

jonba
    Free Member

Thanks all plenty to look at

ElShalimo

Look at The Tempest Arms, Elslack. It’s very good and has sister pubs spread around the Dales (Individual Inns).

lambchop
    Free Member

We stayed at the Lion at Settle. Lovely place. They have a folk night once a week, Mike Harding presides, he lives just up the road. There is also a superb unlicensed Indian restaurant round the corner where you can bring a bottle (or a few!)

stwhannah

King William 4th

I’ve stayed in the top floor room/suite which I think is the most modern and it was very nice. I didn’t know when I booked it, but it’s owned by a couple of riders, so if you did want to take a bike they have secure storage. It’s right in town so a short walk to lots of places to eat, and we didn’t have any problems with noise.

lowey

The New Inn at Clapham.

Stayed a few times and its lovely.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice places to stay around Settle’ is closed to new replies.