Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Nice one Dave! Whose going to murderise somebody then?
  • rogg
    Free Member

Lifted this from another website. Read it and tell me why we need another change in the law:

A statement by the DPP under the last Labour government, Ken McDonald, talking about what is prosecutable and what is not::

“Householder/other victim not prosecuted:

Robbery at a newsagent’s. One of the two robbers died after being stabbed by the newsagent. The CPS did not prosecute the newsagent but prosecuted the surviving robber who was jailed for six years (Greater Manchester);
    A householder returned home to find a burglar in his home. There was a struggle during which the burglar hit his head on the driveway and later died. No prosecution of householder who was clearly acting in self-defence (Derbyshire);
    Armed robbers threatened a pub landlord and barmaid with extreme violence. The barmaid escaped, fetched her employer’s shotgun and shot at least one of the intruders. Barmaid not prosecuted (Hertfordshire);
    Two burglars entered a house armed with a knife and threatened a woman. Her husband overcame one of the burglars and stabbed him. The burglar died. There was no prosecution of the householder but the remaining burglar was convicted (Lincolnshire);
    A middle aged female took a baseball bat off a burglar and hit him over the head, fracturing his skull. The burglar made a complaint but the CPS refused to prosecute (Lancashire).

Examples of Prosecutions

A man laid in wait for a burglar on commercial premises, caught him, tied him up, beat him, threw him into a pit and set fire to him (Cheshire);
    A number of people trespassed on private land to go night-time fishing. They were approached by a man with a shotgun who threatened to shoot them. They ran away but one of the men was shot in the back with a mass of 40 shotgun pellets (South Wales);
    A householder lay in wait for a burglar who tried to burgle his shed. The householder shot him in the back (South Yorkshire).”

Dickyboy

Question is, were you just wearing crotchless leather hot pants and a smile at the time

burglar or not, I think you’d kak yourself & run around like a headless chicken if you ever bumped into the third policeman in real life.

maccruiskeen

Question is, were you just wearing crotchless leather hot pants and a smile at the time??

at the time? All the time. The weren’t crotchless to begin with, but even leather ones wear out.

samuri
    Free Member

To be fair, if you’ve ever wanted to kill someone, the way to do it has always been to drive over them.

Crims are so dumb. There they are stabbing and shooting people and then going on the lamb.

Dickheads, just kill your victim with a car, drive round the nearest police station, own up to it, say it was an accident, oops. Never mind sir, totally understandable, here’s a 3 month ban. Bye.

Junkyard
    Free Member

samurai do you have a list as you seem to have given this too much thought

You are not wrong though

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So Binners, you actually have anything to say on the subject or are you just being deliberately provocative?

This was always going through & DC was just the bloke at the wheel when it came to rubber stamping it.

For me it’s a good thing. For too long home-owners have felt unable to defend themselves & their property. The crux of the matter being “dis-proportionate force” & it’s definition is very clear. Have you read it?

shifter
    Free Member

It’s a vote winner and it’s free. Shrewd move.

andyrm
    Free Member

A householder lay in wait for a burglar who tried to burgle his shed. The householder shot him in the back (South Yorkshire).

Schoolboy error. Should have shouted “you dropped your wallet”, waited till he turned and then shot him in the chest.

nick1962
    Free Member

cynical will be leaving the country if this becomes law.

but I don’t want to live in a country where you can lawfully shoot people because they’ve come into your house.

😉

grum
    Free Member

For me it’s a good thing. For too long home-owners have felt unable to defend themselves & their property. The crux of the matter being “dis-proportionate force” & it’s definition is very clear. Have you read it?

Have you read rogg’s post? Home-owners have always been able to defend themselves. They may have felt they couldn’t if they spent too much time reading/believing what it says in the tabloids. This is just shameless pandering to tabloid-generated frothing, based on misrepresentation of a tiny minority of cases.

ziggy
    Free Member

My experience of finding a burglar in my house is limited to just the one occasion.

Caught a burglar in the kitchen after coming back from the pub, picked up a kitchen chair, smashed it over said burglars head, maybe kicked him once or twice whilst he was down and then dragged him out into the back garden by his hoodie.

Anyhow when the police finally arrive, they seemed fairly unconcerned when I told them, in fact they seemed to be positively quite cheery about it all. They took a statement and left happy.
    Turns out it was a prolific offender who was about to get some serious time.

I never gave the burglar time to leave, didn’t even cross my mind, I just wanted him out, my way. ( I was a bit drunk mind)

I even got compensation 🙂

EDIT: the point is 99.9% of burlagries are probably like this so it’s really non news.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Nice one Dave! Whose going to murderise somebody then?’ is closed to new replies.