Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nice one Arcam!
  • slowjo
    Free Member

It has to be a good reason to buy British. I have a 1996 Arcam Alpha 5 amplifier. It stopped working the other week so I popped along to Arcam Central in Waterbeach and asked them to repair it. I have just taken a call from them. They found the problem, a corroded fuse holder, replaced said item, tested and cleaned up the unit and told me it is ready to be collected at my leisure.

The cost…. nothing. Couldn't really believe it. Great stuff. In case any Arcam employees visit here… well done guys!

Dino
    Free Member

Yep,
    I have there stuff and found them helpful in the past 😛

ourmaninthenorth

This reminds me – I must get my Alpha 8 power amp repaired.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Nice to know. My dad has a few Arcam bits. They sound lovely and do nothing more or less than that.

midlifecrashes

Nice to know, not that my Alpha3 has skipped a beat yet. The colouring on the knobs is fading now though. Respray?

falkirk-mark

One of the guys I work with his father is part owner. I will send him a link.

slowjo
    Free Member

I have bought more of their kit since, it is nice to know that someone out there is prepared to repair stuff rather than recommend you junk it and buy the latest model. I have bought more Arcam stuff since buying the amp and IMO the decision has been justified by their customer service… let alone the quality of the hardware.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nice one Arcam!’ is closed to new replies.