Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • nice moon out there t'night
  • somafunk

Obviously not a great shot at all and nothing like as impressive as it is when viewed with the naked eye but for a fully automatic hand held shot after a few malt whiskys it’s decent enough for me……if i was a bit more sensible i’d get the tripod out and have a fiddle with the settings but it’s too damn cold and there’s a good fire raging inside with a half arsed glass of whisky to keep me company so that’s all folks…… 😀

scotroutes

And Jupiter

garage-dweller

Agreed amazing been out for a ride tonight and a bit mesmerised by it. It’s pretty nippy out mind and flipping filthy under tyre.

bearnecessities

Yeah, nice at clear sight in W.Yorks.

Photo looks good enough to me, but not sure what a half-arsed glass of whisky is 🙂

Ambrose

Looking good here too from South Wales. Nippy outside but dry 🙂 😀

somafunk

half arsed glass of whisky is Scottish slang for a half finished glass of whisky, I guess it depends on how much you pour into the glass to begin with but I’m happy with a healthy sized two finger measure at a time………tonight I’ve had 6fingers of whisky thus there’s no way in hell im taking the quad bike up the hill with the camera & tripod to get a better shot. 😀

And Jupiter is quite stunning as scoutroutes says, looks amazing through the scope but there’s no way for me to get a picture – viewing jupiter does make you sit back, take a deep breath and wow! 😯 , if I try and give thought to how vast our universe is it hurts my head……..(although that may be due the whisky consumed)

benji
    Free Member

It was a great colour when it was on it’s way up. Thought there was a well lit marque type thing on the horizon at first. It was cold though, but a nice night to be out on a bike.

enfht
    Free Member

Maybe they’ll be safe in the rain..

nedrapier

great night out on the bike last night. I’d have turned the light off and bimbled, but I wasn’t wearing enough layers to slow down. 5 degrees warmer up on the top compared to in the valley – 900ft vs 400ft

Lots of bunnies, a stripey scuffler and a birdy sleeping on the path. Those were the only ones dopey enough to be surprised by me, anyway!

nedrapier

Taking photos through telescopes – try your camera phone through the eyepiece. Seriously! Something about the focal length or the size of the lens means that you can get much better results than with anything like a proper camera.

The light levels might still be an issue, but it’s worth a try.

bombjack
    Free Member

Was a great moon, even in the East Mids. Was able to run without a light it was so bright. Bloody cold though, the tights came back out of the draw when I got it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘nice moon out there t'night’ is closed to new replies.