Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nice little earner for a 6 year old
  • Woody
    Free Member

7500 euros for 'defamation of character' HERE. Also false imprisonment and assault!

Hmmmm, I'm off to Lidl to lurk suspiciously round the aisles 8)

wwaswas

Was reading about someone who bought 65 glass photographic negatives at a car boot sale for $45 10 years ago.

It's just been confirmed they're 'lost' Ansell Adams ones and have been valued at $200million – that's ROI!

DezB
    Free Member

Tadhg

how the hell is that pronounced??

Woody
    Free Member

from Wiki

Tadhg is from the Irish language. The "adh" is a diphthong that is pronounced like the "i" in the English word "Tiger". The name is pronounced as if pronouncing "Tiger" and dropping the "er".

DezB
    Free Member

Tiggy?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Was it really defamation of character or was the grabbing the bad bit? There must be loads of cases of people being suspected of shop lifting but being found innocent – Richard and Judy…or were they guilty? I forget.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I train security guards and retail staff about this.

The Liddle staff were def' in the wrong, the fine is a bit of an over reaction, but if the IP had a good brief then he's done his job well.

Basically you only lay a finger on someone if they touch you first like for like and as for the fact that it was a child wel that is just barmy on the part of Liddle

If this happened in my area I'd have quiet word with the area manager regarding staff competancy.

Woody
    Free Member

There must be a bit more to it than the story (possibly) but even so, there must be serious implications for store detectives and shopowners if they are potentially going to be sued when they stop a suspected shoplifter.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

You get sued when you over react by grabbing a child not when you can give good account of reasonable force and that you acted within the law.

jon1973
    Free Member

there must be serious implications for store detectives and shopowners if they are potentially going to be sued when they stop a suspected shoplifter.

Yes, they should make sure they have their facts straight before they accuse a six year old of shoplifting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nice little earner for a 6 year old’ is closed to new replies.