Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nice Leeds routes?
  • sansomchris
    Free Member

Hey guys,

I’ve been away from riding for a few years but I’m looking to get back into it. I’ve got a GT Ruckus 1.0 from a few years back, probably a bit outdated but hey, I love it all the same!

I live in Cookridge, Leeds and was wondering if anyone knew any decent routes? I noticed some tracks on the train to leeds from Horsforth the other day, near the quarry?

I’m a bit out of practise so looking for something fun and challenging but not looking for drop offs over 5 foot really. Yet!

Thanks!

MartinGT
    Free Member

I in Cookrdige myself, the world is your Oyster.
    Harewood, Sicklinghall, Wike, Shadwell +more to the North or Baildon etc to the other side.

Have a look on North Leeds page on bikemagic, those guys have a load of routes.

The quarry is over the road from me, its nowt special, if youre looking for some decent routes you have Harewood etc. The woods etc around Cookridge are good and some decent descents and climbs.

If you have Tracklogs or GPS I have some files if you would like them?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Harewood and meanwood valley are my main local ride areas in leeds and not far from you.

sansomchris
    Free Member

My thought exactly, I used to live in Leicestershire, very flat and boring for riding. I don’t quite know why I’ve only just decided to get back into it but I can’t wait. Cheers for the info, I’ll have a read now 🙂

sansomchris
    Free Member

Re: MartinGT

I do have a GPS but I’ve never tried using other peoples routes, I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 305, if the routes would work with that it would be great!

MartinGT
    Free Member

Ah I also have a forerunner 305, I shall dig some routes out this evening, if you want to PM me your email addy.

I will be uploading all my GPX logs onto my Bikely so have a look on there if you dont have mapping software

spacehopper

sort of based in Leeds (Armley) myself now too but never ridden around here (though plan to this year…!)

so could i have a copy of those GPS routes too please MartinGT? 🙂

email is space hopper 100 at ho tmai l dot com (without all the spaces etc!)

thanks! 😀

Oggles
    Free Member

When I was living in Headingley I used to ride out through Meanwood valley, through the Chevin, into Otley and over to Stainburn Forest, do a few laps and have a play on the pump track, then back home. A fair slog of that route was on the road though 😉 There’s a lot of stuff over that way though.

There’s a lot to discover. I eventually found out I could do maybe 80% of my commute from Headingley to Coal Road, Seacroft using off road and cheeky trails.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How do you get from Otley to Stainburn off road? It has always looked like farmers fields to me?

MartinGT
    Free Member

on the road

sansomchris
    Free Member

Thanks that would be awesome, I can’t seem to PM but my addy’s chris@ sansomphotography .co.uk

(Spaced so the bots can’t get it!)

keppoch

Martin,

Please can you also send your gpx files to keppoch (at) breathe.com

Thanks.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Man, I can see what I am doing this evening 😛 No probs guys 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nice Leeds routes?’ is closed to new replies.