Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nice hotels/places to stay in Lincoln (England)
  • munkster
    Free Member

Anyone got any good suggestions for where to stay if we* were to have an overnight touristy stay in Lincoln?

*me and Mrs M, not me and you, sorry to disappoint 😉

ji
    Free Member

Top of the hill is the tourist area – white hart is nice but pricy. There are some new ish hotels on brayford waterfront, or a couple near St Marks – these are at the bottom of the hill near shops etc.

munkster
    Free Member

Nice, thanks.

sadexpunk

the tower hotel and duke william pub/hotel are both in the bailgate (touristy area), so walk out of the door and your in the heart of it. did you want that or are you happy with any hotel in the area and then a drive to the centre?

shifter
    Free Member

I stayed in the Hilton Double Tree last night. Good food, good rooms, nice cocktail bar(!) and it’s right on the wharf.

munkster
    Free Member

Rather somewhere you can walk into town to be honest, saves the piddling about with parking (which may not even be a stress in Lincoln, I don’t know!) if it can be avoided.

Thanks for suggestions, I do appreciate it.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I like the White Hart.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Stayed in the Tower a few times and have no complaints. There’s a popular – but nice – bar downstairs that sometimes has live music on, but it’s never given me a disturbed sleep. I can’t recommend the Lincoln Hotel though. It’s in a prime spot opposite the cathedral but is a tad soulless and you will get woken by the cathedral bells far too early.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nice hotels/places to stay in Lincoln (England)’ is closed to new replies.