Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nice hotel in the Lakes / Dales
  • slackboy

Hi,
    looking for recommendations for a hotel with a nice restaurant (think drunken duck level, 2 AA rosettes) in the south lakes or dales for a night next May bank holiday.

Anyone got any recommendations? Its a walking weekend rather than biking

Ta

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve only stayed in one place. Crown Inn in Coniston. Seemed nice, food was nice. No idea on it’s rating and how it compares to stuff you’re looking for. I’m just after somewhere comfy to sleep and good grub / breakfast and beer, so ticked the boxes for me.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Pub at Bolton Abbey has a pretty posh restaurant. Pretty sure it does accomodation too. Might not be top choice for walking though.

paule
    Free Member

Wensleydale heiffer is good, themed rooms are interesting (in a good way) too!

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Check out the latest michelin star places. There have been a couple of new stars awarded recently. If not what about the Cottage in the Wood near Whinlatter. I’ve not been but know a couple of people that have and they all said good things. It’s a very short ride to the trails at Whinlatter and the distillery isn’t too far away.

slackboy

Thanks. the Cottage in the Wood looks nice.

gringo

The Gilpin is worth checking out.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Blue Lion at East Witton. Julia Bradbury’s favourite pub in the Dales and my parents favourite pub/weekend away (NB I’m talking 10-15 years ago). Not sure what it’s rep is today, but was one of the best in the Dales 10+ years ago.

Also a great one in West Witton I can recommend from last year

paule – Member
    Wensleydale heiffer is good, themed rooms are interesting (in a good way) too!

think it might be this one.

zokes
    Free Member

Masons Arms @ Strawberry Bank is one of our favourites

slackboy

Masons Arms @ Strawberry Bank is one of our favourites

We found that by accident on the way home from Wasdale earlier in the year – great food, lovely setting.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Eltermere? On the DD theme.

Had an excellent meal at Gilpin a few months back. But a step up price wise IME

slowbloke
    Free Member

Wensleydale Heifer in West Witton as has been said. They do fantastic food as well 🙂

smokey_jo

Another vote for the Gilpin – excellent food and hot tubs 😆

RicB

Theforestside in grasmere is fantastic. Just got a Michelin star and great walking on the doorstep. Beautiful place that’s recently been refurbished to a very high standard.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Not sure how much you’re wanting to spend but the samling would be getting my vote. Every time we’ve stayed here it’s been fantastic. It’s more expensive than the drunken duck though.

slackboy

Thats perfect RicB, thanks! – Booked myself in there. Its also the first place I’ve seen that accepts single night booking on the weekend

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nice hotel in the Lakes / Dales’ is closed to new replies.