Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nice hotel / B&B within 1.5 hours of Edinburgh
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Any suggestions? Looking to go somewhere with some nice walking/hills ideally, not looking to break the bank.

scotroutes

Bridge of Orchy too far? I got a message from them yesterday saying that they had some good room deals available (although they didn’t say how much). Great food in there too. Might be worth a phone call.

Otherwise, the Oak Tree in Balmaha.

fasthaggis

Pitlochry

Kirriemuir

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Self catering with biking and walking from the door, plus secure bike storage? This is our place, run by my MrsM, and it does get good reviews on Tripadvisor The Knock

kcal

Borders? down to Melrose/ Galashiels or even further beyond, smaller hills admittedly, or even across the border to Northumberland / Cheviots?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know of nice/interesting places

I am looking for good, recommended B&B/hotels please!

EDIT: CaptainMainwaring, looks lovely, what kind of discount do I get for being a stw Big Hitter/bellend?

cbike
    Free Member

http://www.balmillig.co.uk

Walker and biker friendly. Free WiFi and Ipads in every room. Garage for bikes.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Try the Clova Hotel. No idea what their rates are though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at the Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa in North Berwick a few times. Spectacular views, but probably not cheap.

ojom
    Free Member

It’s not what you asked for but we stayed here http://roulotteretreat.com/ recently and loved it.

br
    Free Member
    CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    I know of nice/interesting places

I am looking for good, recommended B&B/hotels please!

EDIT: CaptainMainwaring, looks lovely, what kind of discount do I get for being a stw Big Hitter/bellend?
    10% more than the standard rate 🙂

There is a 10% special offer on at the moment – it should show up on the website. Can’t do better than that but if its at the weekend I can throw in a guided tour of the local trails with a pint of Old Scrotum at the end of it

zeffir
    Free Member

Moulin Inn by Pitlochry, some great walks and even better beer from their brewery

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nice hotel / B&B within 1.5 hours of Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.