Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • nice & easy 3-4hr road/CX routes near Kirkcudbright?
  • ElShalimo

Staying up near Kirkcudbright for a weekend soon. I might be able to squeeze a bike into the car.
    has anyone got any recommendations for a nice 3-4hr road or mixed road/tracks CX route locally?
    thanks

1-shed
    Free Member

Next Level Bikes might be able help.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So long as you stay off the A75 pretty much all the roads near Kirkcudbright are worth riding on if you’re ok with road riding.

I’d recommend heading heading up towards Gatehouse of Fleet and then either heading over to Creetown and back via borgue or probably easier would be to go to Gatehouse, Lauriston, Castle Douglas, Auchencairn and back. Both loops would be about 40 miles and easy to extend with extra loops if you want to go a bit further.

ElShalimo

Thanks

ElShalimo

any more route ideas?

boxelder

Out towards Loch Ken and Clatteringshaws loch, then back along the Forest drive.
    Just heading west along the coast towards Gatehouse of Fleet and over by the big aerial to Newton Stewart.
    Or, east along the coast to Kippford.

Basil

Just following Sustrans 7 west is pretty and easy for route

somafunk

When are you coming up?, i stay in KBT and it’d be easier to show you suitable routes on a map.

ElShalimo

somafunk – Thanks, we were up there over the weekend. As the forecast was horrific I left the road bike at home and took my HT for a blast around Kirroughtree. Loved it, great centre.
    Blummin’ weather on Saturday was pretty good but Sunday pm was awful

Next time I might take you up on your kind offer
    cheers

prawny

Kirroughtree Blue & Green?

Some nice riding round there. Just as above, stay off the main road, it’s horrible

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘nice & easy 3-4hr road/CX routes near Kirkcudbright?’ is closed to new replies.