Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nice drop of something nice for the hipflask ?
  • chambo82
    Free Member

Hi all, we are going away on a 4 night bikepacking trip to the Cairngorms in the middle of May raising money for British Heart Foundation, and I’m trying to find a recommendation on a nice drop of whiskey to take in the hip flask. I usually drink Bourbon at home but have recently taken a shine to Glenlivet after someone got me a bottle for Christmas so was wondering if anyone could recommend something similar to take please ? Not overly expensive but not bathroom cleaner would be splendid 🙂
    Cheers

joshvegas
    Free Member

4 nights?

You’ll need a leg flask.

I cant help though i love them all .

Cougar

If you’re a bourbon drinker I’d suggest a bottle of Maker’s Mark (rather than the swill that normally passes for bourbon over here).

I can’t remember 100% what Glenlivet’s like, but if I’m remembering correctly then maybe a Highland Park or Jura Superstition would tick your box. Or if you can find it and have a slightly higher budget, the Benromach Organic is in the same vein and one of my all time favourites.

When I’m out hill-walking I tend to lean towards something slightly smokier though. Talisker maybe?

chambo82
    Free Member

Joshvegas yeh now that’s an idea !! Il just strap the bottle to me leg I think instead !!!

Cougar- that’s great thanks for the ideas always good to hear opinions from others rather than taking lucky dip while at Tesco !!! Cheers might try a bit of Talisker and see how it goes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yamazaki 12

Or…

Mount Gay XO

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get a salsa anything cage and take the whole bottle

ahwiles
    Free Member

Home-made sloe gin.

You’re 6ish months too late…

somafunk

As others have said 4 nights away is no place for a hip flask, that’s best kept for a few hours alone in the hills or a solitary night ride, I’ve emptied a hip flask whilst getting ready with lights/clothing etc to head out for a night ride. You need Something like this platypus filled with a Balvenie Doublewood should make for a decent tipple at the end of a days riding

novaswift
    Free Member

I received a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winters Gold for my 50th Birthday. It’s empty now,was lovely

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nice drop of something nice for the hipflask ?’ is closed to new replies.