Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nice do it all bike. Steve Potts content
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Saw this on the Black Mountain Cycles Blog. Steve Potts lives nearby.
    Looks like a great do it all bike. Maybe time for a garage sale chez moi and place an order time.

http://blackmountaincycles.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-like-church-but-better.html

rOcKeTdOg

it’s not SS able though, so not really do it all without a tensioner? (i stand corrected if it has an EBB though)

xiphon
    Free Member

Do it all? Looks like a cross bike?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Somewhere in between a drop bar 29er and a cross bike…mini-monster-cross?

Farmer_John
    Free Member

that’s one of the best bike shops I’ve ever been in – crammed to the gills with “back in the day” bikes and interesting new stuff.

grum
    Free Member

do it all

Try coming to the Lakes to ‘do it all’ on that bike and you’d have a pretty shit time 😉

Rik
    Free Member

That looks lovely and very similar concept to something that will be appearing from my garage in the not too distant future.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Nice bike – easy to fold for the commute too 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

do it all? that wouldnt do any riding that i would enjoy!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Had some Potts work on my to ti ibis, craftsmen ! Do it all bar huge rock alps and lakes stuff and kids jumps but stunning.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive been thinking towards a do it all bike i had a meeting other day with a custom builder looking at stuff. he showed me one he had done recently with 29er 2.2 clearance, discs , s and s couplings, belt drive coupling , sliding dropouts, front and rear rack and guard mounts built for drops but can be run with normal bars too

looked just the ticket to me. drops/normal bars, geared/ss , narrow tyres or 2.2 so bit of a mix road/cx/mtb ability

im thinking of selling up my bikes buying a frame like that and a motorbike 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I like the clean lines and the versatility. I tried fitting 45mm tyres to my Tinbred CX bike, they would catch the chainstays when the frame flexed. The extra clearance would double the potential of the frame. I’ll maybe have a look at what else is out there in a similar vein. I doubt I’d want to stretch to a full on Ti Potts.

A mate rode the West Highland Way on an On One 29er with dropped bars, didnt hold him back any.

Northwind

I think your definition of “all” is a bit mental tbh. Still, quite nice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nice do it all bike. Steve Potts content’ is closed to new replies.