Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Nice DIsks
  • samuri
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can get really nice looking disks to replace the stock ones provided by the big manufacturers?

160mm if it matters.

wors

slight hijack but would there be much interest if someone was to offer a custom disc rotor service?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hope do a custom disc service I think

stumpy01

CRC do fancy ones, but they are £45 each. Stuff with flames, dragons etc. on them.

I'd be interested in custom ones, if I could afford them. However, I feel that they would be quite a bit more than standard rotors & my sensible side would say no!
    Some of the 'funky' rotors also look as if quite a lot of material has been removed – I wonder what testing they have been through to make sure the rotor doesn't just snap from the spider.

nickc

What do you mean by nice looking?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Alligator discs on Ebay.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd like to see some comedy ones with hamsters cut out, or flowers or something.

The whole flame/sharp edge thing is a bit dull.

samuri
    Free Member

Horrible looking

Nice looking

That's not a brilliant example because I CAN'T FIND ANY NICE LOOKING DISKS, but you get the jist.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

or flowers or something.

Didn't Hope do some flowery ones to go with their pink Monos.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think these look nice, but I only bought them because they were cheap…

Discobrakes rotors

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Does it matter what they look like? How they work is rather more important – or is your bike for looking at not riding?

samuri
    Free Member

Yes Jeremy, I barely do any riding at all.

Chevin
    Free Member

I use these from Ashima – 160mm No squeal in the wet is an added bonus.

Matthew

samuri
    Free Member

I don't like those very much Chapaking (or the alligator ones) but there is one on discobrakes which is OK, bit boring but it's better than the avid one.

samuri
    Free Member

clearly 'nice looking disks' is a very subjective subject. 😉

Drac

Orange did do a nice range as already mentioned, nothing wrong with pimping your bike out.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Samuri, I've got one of those discs from Discobrakes, in reality it looks really cheap and nasty, you want XT rotors they are nice.

StuF

Hope did do some flowery ones – if thats your thing

Maybe a local machine shop with a laser cutter could make you some? 😯

Reluctant
    Free Member

Ashima Air rotors?

chakaping
    Free Member

clearly 'nice looking disks' is a very subjective subject.

Good lord yes.

Chevin
    Free Member

Try again with the image……

Matthew

njee20
    Free Member

The original XT ones are the nicest looking IMO.

compositepro
    Free Member

what about metal matrix rotors…half the weight ..the discs dont wear though

DickBarton

Something like that?

aviemoron
    Free Member

Nice discs…nice discs…. eh?! You all need to ride more; a discs a disc, so long as it works, isn't worn and doesn't squeal.

nickc

I can't help Samurai, I prefer the Avid ones… 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ and Aviemoron, it's possible to have form and function, bikes do not have to look crap.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

how about some old stylee hope gothic rotors?

i like 'em

i think jenson usa can make some, but at $49 each they aint cheap. i got one off a friend for a tenner so i'm happy!

samuri
    Free Member

You all need to ride more;

Do you want to compare mileage or number of times out on a bike? I'm guessing I'm going to win that one.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a bike to look the way you want it to. I want something that looks better than the Avid disks, I'm amazed it's an issue for some people.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I just like Shimano XTR centre lock discs. Can you get a better looking disc? I thing round discs look much better than a wavey ones. They work better too!

samuri
    Free Member

njee20's suggestion is my favourite so far.

thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Samuri – you slightly misunderstood me. I know from your posting you ride a lot – its just I can't see the point of possibly compromising function for looks – and while its nice to have your bike look nice it rates far down my list of priorities.

I actually have a set of hope rotors with the holes as lightning flashes. rather nice

Why not contact hope – I can't find custom rotors on their site now but they certainly used to do them

Lionheart
    Free Member

thought i would not care, but looking down the CRC rotor list/photos………..

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Samuri, any what colour/best looking type thread attracts negative comments. Don't worry about it. The fact they take the time to comment on it speaks volumes.
    (and fwiw i prefer the standard Avid G2/3's, and spunk the dosh on straitline levers 😉 )

Bedds
    Free Member

Do you want to compare mileage or number of times out on a bike? I'm guessing I'm going to win that one

Look how big my winky is!! 😉

they've got some here..

http://www.woollyhatshop.com/category.php?id=49

samuri
    Free Member

You were saying I love my bike TJ, like this. oooh oooh oooh. I quite like the Hope V2 actually, pirty it doesn;t seem to come in 160mm.

Formula Oro is winning at the moment, I'm sure that will be good performance as well as looking nice IMO.

tomzo
    Free Member

Wasnt there a company in northern ireland that did really good discs, and special, massive ones for a hope mono6, something like 280mm discs? I think they were called raven industries or something like that…

theflatboy
    Free Member

dick, those ride it like you stole it ones – wouldn't the writing be backwards if they were mounted the right way round?

I think the standard Hope floating rotors look pretty good

Stoner
    Free Member

anybody doing funky anno ones yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Nice DIsks’ is closed to new replies.