Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nice Cotswolds routes?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Despite being fairly local, I haven't really ridden around the Cotswolds very much. Short of picking some random routes on a map, which can only end in tears (or waist deep mud), does anyone have any route suggestions, or even something on gps? Cheers!

ex-pat
    Free Member

There's a reasonable route (two in fact, one about an hour the other around 2-3 hours, with mega mud point) to sprint round from your in-law's place, I've ridden them many times. And whilst sections are muddy (in the Cotswolds it always is) most of it is maintained track. I've got the tracklogs if you're interested – there's nowt around you, other than bridal paths around the flatlands and lakes, not really very inspiring.
    There's also some good(ish) stuff out the other side of Naunton, but I only made one worthwhile route there, and I guess there's no point in visiting that part of the world now – tracklog of that available too.
    But a trip to Abingdon doesn't take long, and then there's the ridgeway and a good set of routes there – I've not mapped them, but if you're interested I could find a PC to put the SW on and build up the maps.

That mud is the reason I ended up with a winter bike, something with a cheap bottom bracket and other low-spec parts. Of course it never broke…

Andrew

pedalhead
    Free Member

Hi mate, sorry only just noticed your update on this thread. I'd be really interested in any routes you have to hand please. I've explored a bit in & around the farm & it's nice for a pootle, but not totally satisfying if you know what I mean! I've reached the same conclusion re winter bike, building one up at the moment & will have less suspension and fewer gears to keep things simple 🙂 Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nice Cotswolds routes?’ is closed to new replies.