• This topic has 26 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by STATO.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Nice commute?
  • ton

mine was, using my no phone is a pain tho………….. 😕

nedrapier

Very nice!

Mine was also glorious, south over London Bridge with the lights and a pre-dawn glow behind Tower Bridge. An hour’s climbing at the Arch, then back over Tower Bridge with a bright sun sparkling off all the buildings.

Should have taken some photos!

njee20
    Free Member

Must confess I ducked out this morning, took the car for an MOT and walking back from the garage the roads were lethal, it was -3 at home, so the bike is on the turbo in anticipation of tonight’s session and I got a lift in!

sandwicheater

Car died last night and couldn’t face riding so took the train and brought the dog along. I enjoyed it. Far less stressful than the car and quicker/cheaper.

Mirfield to Sowerby Bridge in 15 mins rather than 45, win.

D0NK

lurgy 🙁
    Did ignore it and ride in (very slowly) on monday, not a great idea tho. Train isn’t too bad I suppose, hopefully get back in the saddle towards end of next week.
    Not a great start to 2015

TPTcruiser

Nice on the way in to work. Once again the very nice drivers stayed behind me before turning left. Traffic volume picking up from the start of the week.
    Not too sure about the return, could get a first soaking of 2015.
    Wind picking up too.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Mine was lovely, right up to the triple snake bite / glass induced puncture hell with no spare tube and dwindling supplies of patches and time… 😡

connect2

Uphill slog in a headwind for me. On the plus side if it continues, home is downhill with a tailwind 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Slight Lego in the hall, minor delay getting the second coffee. Otherwise, very good, thanks. #wfh

woody2000

Yep, bit of a headwind but not too bad. Road bike is in the LBS so commuting on the MTB – super tacky minions do not make a good road tyre 🙂

Good training I suppose!

mikemorini
    Free Member

Having not been on the bike for the best part of two months this week’s commute has been a bit of an ordeal by fire.
    Not as cold as I expected this morning so was somewhat overdressed.

It’s lovely to be back on the bike again.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Freezing. Still thawing out now.

Better than wind & rain though!

Mister-P
    Free Member

27.6 miles, 921ft and 15.4mph this morning. I didn’t realise how much 5 weeks off the bike and the over consumption of food and booze over Christmas was going to wreck my fitness. It’s hurting like I’ve never ridden a bike before. Apart from that it was actually really nice. A bit chilly and slippery in places but a beautiful moon in a perfectly clear sky followed by a wonderful sunrise. Winter riding has its positives.

njee20
    Free Member

Better than wind & rain though!

Nah, wind and rain over ice every time!

oli31
    Free Member

Feeling your pain Mister P; 38.6km, 506m and 25kmp/h, hurt during and still a bit sore. Possible strong gusty headwind this evening too! On the plus side I get to keep eating mince pies and chocolate 🙂

rumple
    Free Member

yep, nice 5 mile ride through the silent welsh country side with an awesome sun-rise. into work then ordered a new 105 groupset. not a bad day so far.

teadrinker
    Free Member

It started nice, blue skies, frosty ground, quiet woods and roads then just as I coming to the station hit an ice patch and now have cut/sore elbow and hip. My only saving grace was I looked awesome as i did it.

simon_g

Pleasant 26km this morning. Left way too late so it was all in good light for a change – CS7 much quieter too. Monday morning was amazingly busy – I guess from all the new years resolutionists.

MoreCashThanDash

In the car today as I’m on school pick up duties and “need” to leave at 2pm.

Forecast to be wet and windy for the walk to and from school. Possible break in the weather forecast early evening so hoping to get the first midweek ride of the year in. Though the mtb is at the lbs getting it’s belated christmas present, so not sure what the ride will be.

dazh

Drove in for the first time ever today as I need to pick up the kids later. Bloody awful. Took longer than it does on bike, loads of traffic, then didn’t have the right change for the car park so had to walk to a shop and go back. It’s a lesson learned. I shall be biking it from now on whatever the weather.

toby1

I was nearly blinded by the sun and it was a bit windy (but then it always is) but overall yeah, it was lovely just like most days.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Slight Lego in the hall, minor delay getting the second coffee.

Similar issue here CFH, I almost spilt my espresso avoiding my boy on his scooter while navigating the hallway from kitchen to my office. Traffic is crazy today!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Relatively pleasant – a 7 mile run with only a few slippy bits. I left the bike at wor last night so will cycle home at the end of the day 🙂 That is likely to be more traumatic as the traffic is so much worse than it was last week and I need to readjust to idiot drivers 🙁

Clover

Snored gently all the way from Todmorden to Leeds. I love trains…

Will be back on the bike once it gets a bit lighter, I just don’t trust rush hour drivers in the dark.

TiRed

The Am Fib bib longs made their first appearance today. Toasty and good to minus lots. Legs are sore after a 50 mile fixed club ride and commute yesterday.

fasthaggis

Tough headwind and dry coming in this morning.
    It’s going to be pissing down all afternoon,but hey,at least I have the tailwind back,so no stopping for photos 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Extended mine to a 20mile mostly tail wind assisted road ride this morning. Set off in the dark and watched a glorious dawn/sunrise (i head east in the mornings), timed perfectly to get to work just as the low sun started to fully show. Very few cars about until the final few mile as i got onto the main roads, the perk of riding in Northumberland.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Nice commute?’ is closed to new replies.