Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • nice B&B or pub near Peterborough?
  • ElShalimo

I might have to go there on Saturday.
    Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay, preferably with or near good food and ales?
    Somewhere within 30 mins drive North or West would be ideal to make the Sunday drive back up to West Yorkshire easier
    Thanks

Duffer
    Free Member

Nice places in Peterborough? Stamford. I really want to like Peterborough, but i can’t. I hate the place.

Stamford, however is lovely! A proper little old world idilyic town. It’s only 15 mins north, and there’s some wonderful places to eat. I can certainly recommend ‘Tobie Norris‘.

ElShalimo

Thanks Duffer

stumpy01

Stamford is nice, but full of people plumped up on their own sense of self importance.

Are you looking to stay in Peterborough itself or nearby?
    The Bull hotel in the centre seems pretty nice (I’ve been there for a work Christmas do) and you could walk to the Brewery Tap for some proper ale from there (or Charters, a bar on a boat that does plenty of guest ales).

stumpy01

…or, thinking about it there is The Stage in Market Deeping.
    I’m often in the pub, but never stayed there. Looks pretty good though. Can be rowdy on Fri/Sat night.
    You’ve got plenty of decent pubs and places to eat nearby.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

The Bell in Stilton – where they invented Stilton cheese.

Bro-in-Law had his wedding in there. Well-appointed old coaching inn with a real sense of history about it.

Duffer
    Free Member

Stamford is nice, but full of people plumped up on their own sense of self importance.

Stamford; the Singletrackworld of the East Midlands! 😉

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Yes Stamford is nice.

I wouldn’t bother with The Stage, I stay there quite often with work. It’s ok, nothing much to do in Market Deeping though.

ElShalimo

Stumpy – it doesn’t need to be in Peterborough just somewhere decent.
    Thanks

BillMC

Try the Falcon in Uppingham or the Vaults (other side of the market square).

ElShalimo

cheers – any more recommendations?

Clobber
    Free Member

Stamford as said above really…

kongman28
    Free Member

The Shuckburgh Arms in Stoke Doyle was great recently. Just the other side of Oundle.

boblo
    Free Member

Have a look at the White Hart at Ufford. Very nice without being poncy or expensive.

sv

+1 for The Bell, Stilton.

MoreCashThanDash

Stamford is lovely, much as I loved growing up in Deeping, not sure I’d recommend The Stage on a Saturday night. Lots of lovely villages Stamford/Oakham/Uppingham way if you want a search for accomodation.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘nice B&B or pub near Peterborough?’ is closed to new replies.