Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Nice
  • ourmaninthenorth

Reports of “dozens killed” after a lorry was apparently driven into the crowd celebrating Bastille Day.

A city I love. So sad.

I wish people would stop killing each other….

scaredypants

listening to this on the radio just now – horrible

potentially 30 dead, they’re saying

FFS

😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

More info on Reteurs France.

Warning. Graphic content.

https://francais.rt.com/france/23705-mouvement-panique-nice-camion

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Very sad. It’s a lovely city. I had a fantastic few days there a couple of years ago.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terrible. Watching on French TV know. Police have advised people to stay indoors in case of further attacks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sounds bad news indeed. Juts interupted Newsnight but little detail 🙁

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

They’ve just mentioned it on Newsnight,more senseless violence.

Philby

Another horrific attack on innocent people – reports suggesting driver drove into crowd and then started shooting them.

Thoughts with the French people (again)

jambalaya
    Free Member

The perpetrators don’t think its senseless. They are doing it with a very clear purpose.

French TV calling it a terrorist attack and saying individual was killed by police. Now speaking that terrorist(s) had guns too. Also speaking about how calls to terrorist violence recommend using any means. Remember France has a series of car rammings by Jihadists last year.

I can’t understand the recent French Government decison to end the stafe of emergency nor their decison to stand down the army who have been guarding Synagogues and Jewish schools for the last 6 months.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Don’t watch the footage, graphic for even the most hardy.

Awful thing to happen. Crazy motherf*ckers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sad sad day. France has suffered yet another major attack, it’s almost 1 every 6 months plus multiple other incidents

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Don’t watch the footage, graphic for even the most hardy.

Amazing how that shit is on Liveleak in seconds.

…and yes I watched it, and yes I wish I hadn’t.

jambalaya
    Free Member

At least 60 deaths 🙁

Philby

Sky now reporting 60 killed

teasel
    Free Member

I watched it, and yes I wish I hadn’t.

The description was enough for me to avoid making the same mistake.

Sad times.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sky now reporting 60 killed

Seeing the aftermath, that is really not hard to believe.

ctk
    Free Member

Absolutely horrible, so sad.

An attack like this appears to be so easy to pull off.

Philby

Total now 73 killed – sad, sad day.

jambalaya
    Free Member

BFMTV reporting eye witnesses heard driver shouting Allahu Ackbar – also said he drove more than 2km running people over after mounting the pavement which was packed with families for 14 July fireworks 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

In the truck they found grenades and guns

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is the perfect opportunity to push an Islamophobic agenda. I wonder if anybody will do that tonight…hardly even hours after the incident.

mrchrispy

Fly there on Saturday for a week.
    going to be giving out loving vibes.

BoardinBob

Friends in nice right now as they’re getting married there tomorrow. Hoping they got an early night tonight 🙁

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Don’t need a gun or a bomb do you?

Yeah, despite my dislike for Islam and religion in general – some solidarity, dialogue and love needs to be shown for our own peace loving muslim communities right now. We need less division.

It’s gone too far now hasn’t it? If it doesn’t work, we can at least say we tried – before this all ends up with us Europeans going a bit 1940’s again in a fit of rage.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its a terrorist attack dd. How do you want to report it, driver error ? The police told people to stay indoors in case of further atacka. Under our new controlled immigration system we will be able to welcome more people from the Middle East, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia than we are able to at present. Exceelnt news

Tom I have plenty of love and respect for my Muslim friends and colleagues. I worked in a Bank for 11 years with a very substantial number of Muslims and my last boss was Egyptian. You should hear what he had to say about Jihadists – he wasn’t interested in trial,by jury if that was avoidable.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Jamby +1

A lot of Persian friends here on my side, many are what you’d consider to be neocons and supported the Iraq war for the right reasons – unlike our Tony Blair.

It’s just a shame that we never ask them for any advice.

BTW – a small part of me agrees with your sentiments on the EU being a bastion of white privilege, it’s just that I don’t think Brexiters really cared for their own bullshit on that one.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s just a shame that we never ask them for any advice.

I think we are better at this than the Americans though, one reason they value our intelligence gathering. If you wish Emma Sky’s book is excellent.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah but for the past 15 years, we’ve really failed on the international hearts and minds front – at home and abroad. If we’d had a few people who really understood the middle east and the propaganda game – then things could have been different.

This attack – and the tribalism around brexit has left me feeling more dejected about humanities outlook…than well…since I can remember.

Meh, night – will reread in the morning.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Contre nous de la tyrannie

ourmaninthenorth

I still really do t know what to say. Not least because if the recent attacks in Turkey and Iraq also killing so many.

PS I can see why you’re quoting that Jamba (but the lyrics bring out the hand wringer in me).

PPS it’s just occurred to me my sister’s due to be in Nice around now. Hope she’s safely far away….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Brother in law in Nice visiting his parents is safe and well. They where on the Promenade watching the fireworks. Mobile networks swamped

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Under our new controlled immigration system…

Jesus wept.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Other friends safe and well having also been at the fireworks. They said the scene was really terrible.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I just feel profound, impotent anger at these things now. Maybe even hate.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I feel utter despair for the world these days… The hatred we are reminded of on a daily basis is heartbreaking, and there’s no light at the end of the tunnel that I can see!

andybrad

why do they have to show such images? I think its too much.

PMK2060

How can someone carry out an act like this knowing they are going to kill dozens of innocent people and that they will also die. How can they be so brainwashed?

I am not sure why but this has got to me more than any of the other recent terrorist attacks. Absolutely terrible :(.

theotherjonv

I too can’t see an issue with what DD said?

The only minor issue I have is maybe whether it has been confirmed as an islamic terrorist attack yet. I haven’t read all the reports but did see a comment where certain cries were being made that would allude to it – but as I said, I haven’t read full reports right through. To assume it’s islamic terrorism ahead of the fact isn’t right.

As far as i can see he has cautioned that the actions of one individual gives potential for a further wave of islamophobia retaliation from other counter groups. I don’t see why that is excusing the acts. It’s a perfectly fair thing to worry about.

nickc

I just feel profound, impotent anger at these things now. Maybe even hate

When the answer is actually more love, not a dippy hippy shit way, but more hate never stopped hatred

Drac

Can we concentrate on giving our thoughts to those who have died, their loved ones and friends instead of arguing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Nice’ is closed to new replies.