Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Nice!
  • tyger
    Free Member

Great to see they’re going to give him a chance!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8080311.stm

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That’s a nasty bump on his head……he should put a bandage on it

druidh
    Free Member

He did. But it’s slipped back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GrahamS

Are you really taking this piss out of this blokes ethnic dress and religious markings (zebibah)?

Who are the intolerant ones here?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

You mean the trappings of his brain washing cult?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you really taking this piss out of …….

Just taking the piss mate. It’s what I do.

On this occasion, taking the piss out of al-Qaeda’s number two (I’m brave like that)

But I sense that my piss taking days might be drawing to a close. I’m starting to find all those who treat the internet a touch too seriously, rather tedious. I can’t take anything that seriously, not even, God forbid, myself.

samuri
    Free Member

Hope they’re crapping themselves.

‘Oh god, he wants to talk instead of fight, what will we do if he gives us what we want. Hang on, what do we want?’

tyger
    Free Member

Oh we’re just going to murder another hostage

takisawa2

Who are the intolerant ones here?

Explain exactly why should Al-Qaeda be tolerated ?

GrahamS

I’m starting to find all those who treat the internet a touch too seriously, rather tedious.

Conversely I find the “it’s just the internet, it’s not real” gang rather backward and strange. The medium is irrelevant to me.

You are pronouncing your views in public and they are just as “real” as if you were shouting on a soapbox at Speaker’s Corner or writing to the paper.

Explain exactly why should Al-Qaeda be tolerated ?

I’m not suggesting they should be. I’m suggesting that being openly xenophobic towards someone’s Muslim dress is inappropriate, regardless of who they are, as it only serves to promote hatred to all Muslims.

By the same factor, I don’t think President Mugabe is a particularly nice guy, but I don’t make comments about him being black*

* though his dodgy ‘tache is probably fair game.

DezB
    Free Member

Graham – he has got a bump on his head though

GrahamS

Indeed, I think he has a zebibah on his head.

trailmonkey

nah, it’s not one of those.

DezB
    Free Member

Gosh, a “Zebibah” (on his head), never heard of that before.
    My brother has an identical bump and I never knew he was even religious.

druidh
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    I’m suggesting that being openly xenophobic towards someone’s Muslim dress is inappropriate, regardless of who they are, as it only serves to promote hatred to all Muslims.

Xenophobia – a dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown or different from oneself

Sorry, but I neither fear nor dislike Muslims. However, anyone who believes in a supernatural “divine being” is fair game for a bit of fun.

GrahamS

Sorry, but I neither fear nor dislike Muslims. However, anyone who believes in a supernatural “divine being” is fair game for a bit of fun.

Indeed, but balance is good.

How about some pictures of Sikhs so we can laugh at their long hair and turbans?
    Or Jews with their pigtails and silly hats?
    Or Catholics with their hundreds of offspring?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ve all been mentioned in other threads. This one is about him up there. ^^^

(or was)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’d like to see Murray Walker come along and touch his bump!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I find the “it’s just the internet, it’s not real” gang rather backward and strange.

What you on about ?

You should have carried on and read the next sentence, since you apparently managed to get that far. The next sentence was, quote : “I can’t take anything that seriously, not even, God forbid, myself”

Note the use of the word “anything” ? Yes ? ……. well I take real life even less seriously.

I didn’t take the piss out of the bloke because he is muslim, I took the piss out of him because he’s got a bump on his head. Obviously if I had known that he was your dad, I might have refrained.

As I said on a previous thread, I treat all people equally – black, white, gay, straight, muslim, atheists ….. no one is ‘special’ to me. I’m not, not going to take the piss out of someone because they happen to be a muslim. But you on the other hand, think he’s special do you ?

And yes, I’m happy to suggest that if had been a tad more generous with the turban, the ‘bump on the head dilemma’ might have been resolved. Is there a problem with mentioning ‘turbans’ ? Is it a definite ‘no-no’ area ?

If al-Qaeda’s deputy leader had a weight problem, I might have made a comment suggesting that he was a fat git, or had he been short, a shortar5e, etc. All depending on whether it made me chuckle to myself or not.

“I’m suggesting that being openly xenophobic towards someone’s Muslim dress is inappropriate

Well maybe GrahamS you’re an expert on such matters, I certainly am not. But when went to my local mosque last year for a Friday Prayer meeting there was a distinct lack of turbans, despite the fact that I there for about an hour. Yeah, sure, the imams which I spoke to had turban-like dress on their heads iirc, but unless they were high-ranking al-Qaeda muppets, I was never going to take the piss.

I am hugely relaxed about taking the piss out of Osama bin Laden’s mentor. And I might even be tempted to take the piss out of him for being a Wahhabi. Because I don’t know if you’ve ever read any of my posts, but I’ve always strongly defended to rights of individuals to live their lives as they choose…….whatever their religion, sexuality, life style, etc – as long as it doesn’t interfere in unacceptable manner, with other people’s lives. Wahhabis don’t agree with me.

Anyways……….this rambling post will undoubtedly have zero effect on how you see things, and you will continue with your textbook PC intellectual nonsense, secure in the knowledge that you are correct and that common-sense doesn’t come into it (btw, you would have been a barrel of laughs in 1939-45 with all the very unPC jokes about Herr Hitler and his goose-stepping goons were kicking around) I on the other hand, think you’re wrong.

“You are pronouncing your views in public and they are just as “real” as if you were shouting on a soapbox at Speaker’s Corner or writing to the paper

Thanks for that comment. Yes indeed my views are “real”. Although I think I might need to tidy this up a bit before sending it to The Times for publication.

BTW, did you know there can be a difference between having strong opinions and taking life too seriously ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’d like to see Murray Walker come along and touch his bump!

LOL! Remember that? Proper funny! I’m sure Murray did that on purpose, ‘cos Mansell was such a droning boring bastard.

However, anyone who believes in a supernatural “divine being” is fair game for a bit of fun.

Not as much as someone with a bike called ‘Onion’…

Just out of inertest; why is it ‘fun’ to attempt to ridicule, humilate and discredit those who chose to follow a religion? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Why not just live and let live, as long as they’re not doing you any harm.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you should be called Onion RB ………… to go with your multilayered personality 😉

andywhit
    Free Member

>Why not just live and let live, as long as they’re not doing you any harm.

Yes, leave those nice Al Qaeda people alone, they’re pretty harmless after all.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That’s not how I read it andywhit.

nickc

So, you can make dodgy jokes, but AdamW can’t?

It’s a good job you don’t take it seriously, i mean only some-one who wasn’t taking it seriously would write a lengthy post about not taking it seriously.

Seriously

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s AdamW got to do with this thread nickc ? Why bring his name up ? I don’t believe for a moment, that you are not fully aware of just how very upset the guy clearly was. I think it shows an extraordinary callous disregard on your part for the guy’s feelings that you should try to draw me into another argument concerning him.

The points I made I believe were valid ones. However when it became clear that he was deeply upset, I didn’t want to pursue it for a minute longer. I derive no pleasure from seeing someone distraught, and shame on you for wanting to rake over it.

And for the record I had no problem with the joke. I said quote : “I had no problem whatsoever with the joke, in fact, it fitted in very nicely with my SOH 8)

What I do have a problem with though, is singlespeedstu getting hammered by PC Guardian Brigadistas for posting : ” Because they’re to soft/gay/lacking in skill to ride a rigid bike. 😉

So the length of my post suggests that I seriously care ? 😀

I think we might have an example here, of “incorrect conclusions from correct premises” ! Has your sharp analytical mind considered the possibility that perhaps I don’t actually give a toss, but that it amuses me somewhat to have the opportunity to tell a bunch of politically correct Guardian-reading pseudo-lefties like you, what a load of pretentious hypocritical daft simpletons you all are ? ! ! 😀

Hey, sorry about directing the fire against you mate, when you were so keen that it should involve AdamW. Although on the positive side, I bet you don’t get many reality checks in your safe little world, so maybe I’ve done you a favour ?

btw, it’s the ‘pretentiousness’ of some of you Guardian-reading PC liberals which tickles me the most. I sometimes go to work on site the next day and tell them some of the bollox you come out with – oh how we laugh !

brakes
    Free Member

lighten up ernie, don’t take everything so seriously

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hehe brakes – do you think so ? 😀

Well maybe you’re right ……. putting the pretentious middle-classes in their place is serious business after all.

But I love it ! :mrgreen:

nickc

putting the pretentious middle-classes in their place is serious business after all.

It is nice to have a hobby. Shame you’re so rubbish at it though 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Shame you’re so rubbish at it though

That’s a bit harsh …… really ? 🙁

Maybe I just need more practice ? 😀

nickc

Practice does make perfect after all.

Right, of to beds, nighty night

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Practice does make perfect after all.

Thank you for those kind words of encouragement nick.

They meant a lot to me 😥

I’ll do my best !

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Nice!’ is closed to new replies.