Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Nibbles DQ
  • Shred
    Free Member

Did he really think that was a good idea? In the Vuelta?
    Crazy

simondbarnes

Pretty daft!

Shred
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQW8OX8VqA[/video]

Northwind

Could have done with one of those today tbh! It’d be nice to see some proper action against the team, too, it was hardly a one-man move and having the team manager act like it’s nothing to write home about is pretty crap…

woodster

I don’t now how people can say road racing has changed when Astana are still a thing. Embarassing.

swavis

That is pretty shocking, I’m not sure how they thought they’d get away with it.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What a surprise…..

Astana…..

Caught cheating…..

Should be thrown out of the sport!

butcher

It’s pretty funny the video. Bit more than a sticky bottle that one!

Sad to see Nibali go though. And given that he was chasing due to a crash and not leading the race to the win, I think I’d rather see a decent fine or time deducted, rather than riders being disqualified.

leffeboy

pretty blatant in a comical way. I wonder if they calculated on just getting a fine. It’s so over the top it looks as though everyone else just sat up and stopped racing

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And given that he was chasing due to a crash and not leading the race to the win, I think I’d rather see a decent fine or time deducted, rather than riders being disqualified.

Really? The way the car accelerated was ridiculous, it was the most blatant thing I’ve seen in a long time.

tonyg2003

Yes just far too blatant. If he was on his own then it would be less obvious but off the front of a group like that – ridiculous.

Sad but he deserves to go. Of course probably would have been fined if he was Spanish.

butcher

Really? The way the car accelerated was ridiculous, it was the most blatant thing I’ve seen in a long time.

I agree. It was pretty stupid. But did Nibali even know they were going to accelerate off like that? Maybe it took him as much by surprise as it did you? Riders take sticky bottles all the time (yes, usually in less blatant circumstances…) It does make Astana look like a bunch of clowns. I just think disqualification is a bit extreme.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unbelievable.
    Cheating doesn’t get any more obvious than that.

martinhutch

Warp speed engaged! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe it took him as much by surprise as it did you

He could have let go? The team cheated he’s out. Considering the punishment Porte got for accepting sportsmanship it’s about right.

It’s a bit like being surprised the daily injections in the broom cupboard were not legit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Tour- Nibali throws bottle at Froome, attacks froome when he has a mechanical on Croix de Fer.

Vuelta- Nibali crashes, so Sky push on. Nibali cheats in bid to get back on and is DQ’ed.

Aint karma a bitch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the spoiler, by the way. Just finished the highlights…..

toppers3933
    Free Member

Eh? Did he just grab onto the car which then tows him off up the road? Really?! And they thought that was ok? Good grief.

mikey74
    Free Member

Astana should be thrown out of the race for that.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Brilliant! The Snake of Messina gets his comeuppance.

Sandwich

DS in the car was sent home too. Sauce

dirtyrider
    Free Member

at least i stuck it in the right post 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah!

Silly boy. But he did ride well to get back on despite that tow.

However, will Aru be up for the challenge.. ❓ I do hope so.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But he did ride well to get back on despite that tow.

However, will Aru be up for the challenge.. I do hope so.

I hear the Astana chef is serving up some beef for their dinner tonight.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought it a pretty good stage all in. A few bounces, a flat bit then a short sharp lump at the end. Pretty good that.
    They all look knackered to me the boys. There is probably only 30 riders fresh enough to ride the whole thing. As is it’ll be another preparation for the worlds, which is an absolute shame and shambles every year.

True enough the decision, had the rider been Landa or Valverde or well, any Spanish rider then they’d not said a word unless totally pushed into a corner then a fine only.

The Spanish are like that.
    So too the French
    So too the Italians
    😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Astana need their team license revoked.

njee20
    Free Member

That is amazing for pure comedy value. Mental.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nibbles, seen earlier;

legend
    Free Member

VRS kicked in yo

IanMunro
    Free Member

As long as it’s been flagged on strava, I’m happy.

TiRed

Aint karma a bitch.

This. I’m sure Sky had a very good evening. Desperate measures, but now Aru knows where he stands.

bigrich

maybe the car had the engine off and he was pushing it?

Haze

Drafting the wing mirror I’m hearing…

chakaping
    Free Member

Ahahahaha!

Just seen the video.

Imagine him saying “Seeya later suckers!” as the team car burned off up the road.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Imagine him saying “Seeya later suckers!” as the team car burned off up the road.

Does look like he should have spun round on his saddle and flipped them the bird as he zoomed off.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Video needs Benny Hill music.

jamiep
    Free Member

Saw his facebook/twitter reply earlier. Although something significant is certainly lost in the auto google translate, he didn’t seem that apologetic

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m wondering if the group “sat up” to emphasise the acceleration?

atlaz
    Free Member

Deserved the DSQ. Yes, lots of riders do it but rarely if they’re a potential GC candidate delayed a couple of minutes. It’s usually someone struggling to stay inside the cut who has had, say, a mechanical and been off the back of the autobus. I believe Cav has been caught doing it but I think it’s different if you’re not there to race for the overall. Added to this the fact he wasn’t even alone, he was with a load of other riders, means he couldn’t have believed this was reasonable.

Also, the last 12 months have shown Nibali as spectacularly lacking in class as well as being part of the single most dodgy team since Discovery/Postal or Rock Racing (or maybe Garmin-Cannondale) so it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

christhetall
    Free Member

You have to wonder whats going on inside Astana at the moment. 6 months ago there was loads of talk of Nibbles leaving, so maybe they have decided to either let him go or not give him much reason to stay. With hindsight it looks like they sent a stronger team to the Giro than the Tour. Apparently his team mates at the tour were a bit embarrassed by his tantrums towards Froome, and Vino was very unimpressed with his performance, albeit redeemed slightly towards the end.

Now he’s blaming the team for a lack of support in the immediate aftermath of the crash, claiming their only concern was for Aru.

Can’t see him staying, but then again he has a year to run on his contract and doubt if he’ll get the same money elsewhere

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Nibbles DQ’ is closed to new replies.