Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • NHS rant
  • iolo
    Free Member

I once ended up in Slovenia, having no idea whatsoever how I got there.

deviant
    Free Member

iolo – Member

The uk really stresses me and Vienna doesn’t. It’s that easy.
    I don’t care who pays.

Good, be a nice chap and find a DR in continental europe you can pay privately then.

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Slovenia. Or Vienna. I’d like to though.

iolo
    Free Member

Why the animosity for someone who worked all his working life? I started at 16.
    Have always worked hard and had to stop 3 years ago due to my illness.
    I then looked at my life and restructured based on what I want from it. I’m 6 months in the uk anyway and need a uk doctor.
    You suggest I get 2 shrinks?
    You have no idea about mental health do you?
    I have a prescribing doctor who gives me medication in Austria.

iolo
    Free Member

Monksie,
    Go, You’ll love it
    Vienna in Autumn is amazing.
    Slovenia is beautiful, full stop. Look on Google

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The doctor has gone only you and I
    No appointment for me
    No appointment for me
    Oh, Vienna

I’m sure that means something to someone, but I have to say that
    This means nothing to me

monksie
    Free Member

My wife is desperate for a holiday iolo so I’m going to have a look, thanks.
    Keep a sense of perspective as best you can. Other great Dr’s are out there. Your previous was not the only one.

binners

Why the animosity for someone who worked all his working life?

Good question. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that its because they’re Daily Mail reading reactionaries, idiots, or both.

Actually… thinking about it… I can’t imagine how you could be the former, without being the latter

Hope you get sorted fella

deviant
    Free Member

iolo – Member

I have quite a few ideas about mental health but they dont fit with the pink and fluffy world we live in today.

thepurist

Mate, this is STW. ’nuff said.

And the vast majority are lucky enough that this applies :-

Forget em, look after yourself.

FWIW my GP that I’ve been seeing regularly about my condition is just about to go on maternity leave. That means finding another GP at the practice that I can talk to, which is enough of a worry for me without all the complications of your illness.

MSP

karma!

If it was someone living in social housing in Wakefeild, you would be prescribing getting of their arses, stopping watching Jeremy Kyle while stuffing their faces with crisps and getting a job to stop their sense of entitlement.

You have yet to say anything to convince me this is anything but a troll.

iolo
    Free Member

Monksie,
    Vienna now is amazing. It’s even better when the Christmas markets start.

http://www.wien.info/en/shopping-wining-dining/markets/christmas-markets

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve been to the Manchester Christmas Markets iolo. I nearly got arrested and several people nearly got hurt. Hateful thing!

iolo
    Free Member

MSP,
    I hope you have a life free from mental illness.
    Then you won’t ever have to understand the troubles doctor changing can cause.

TPTcruiser

OP Good luck with finding a new doctor. It is a great shame that a professional built up a good relationship with you but could not themselves realise that it is good manners to let you know they have moved to pastures new.
    From now on I guess you have to include a new set of criteria when arranging your travel: is the Doctor available who I have an appointment to see?
    This is a general trend in communications and cuts in organisations. You have to be your own secretary because the people you need to see do not have their own or numbers have been cut back to such an extent that they never get round to the simplest most obvious tasks. Outsourcing extreme!
    It’ll be “Heal Thyself” next!

sm
    Free Member

I think the animosity on here probably comes from the fact your living away (I assume for a better standard of living) but slagging off the NHS.

It’s a ‘cake and eat it’ situation really and for me not about the money.

Good luck with your treatment wherever you get it.

Tiger6791

Because it looks like your playing the system based on your requirements and when it doesn’t work you’re having a rant.

Hope you get it sorted, can you not find out where your Doctor has gone to and carry on with the same. Sounds like you’re willing to travel.

iolo
    Free Member

I’m living in 2 countries yes.16 I had no money and worked hard ever since. Then saved hard ever since.
    3 Years ago I sold a big house I bought in Wales, bought a smaller one near Coed y Brenin and a flat in Vienna. All bought with wages earned in the uk. Tax and NI paid on these wages.
    I love Austria and have many friends in Vienna. That’s why I bought one there.
    Everything was working fine.
    That was until the lack of communication by the nhs that caused this rant.
    Thanks for your kind words

MSP

I hope you have a life free from mental illness.

I hope you can offer some of the same empathy you seem to expect, to those with far less fortunate lifestyles than yours. But with your posting history it seems unlikely.

Your displaying a sense of entitlement which far exceeds those you normally enjoy castigating, which still leads me to believe your trolling, or have absolutely no self awareness.

iolo
    Free Member

My lifestyle came from hard work.
    It’s quite easy.
    If you want something save.
    Have I upset you? You seem quite irate.

cinnamon_girl

iolo – I would suggest putting in a formal complaint as that treatment really wasn’t good enough. It was bad manners and showed no regard for your welfare. Unacceptable in my book.

iolo
    Free Member

cinnamongirl,
    I was told my social worker would call to discuss and maybe make an appointment to meet up.This was 10am.
    4 o’clock I called him. He’s gone home. Unbelievable.

MSP

My lifestyle came from hard work

Yeah always the same battle cry for the over entitled wealthy. Hard work rarely leads to sucsess, many people spend a lifetime working hard without being able to buy a home, never mind two in places chosen for leisure.

Have I upset you? You seem quite irate.

No I am quite enjoying myself, as I always do when those who preach against the culture of entitlement reveal their own grasping selfishness to take from the system.

Coyote
    Free Member

*pulls up a chair*

brokensoul
    Free Member

Kettle’s on . . . . damn!! I’ve to go to work. (Wish I’d worked harder when I was younger. Bugger).

deviant
    Free Member

MSP is spot on….

…the OP’s ‘poor me poor me’ routine at having two homes and having the travel from Vienna to see his preferred Doc is laughable, either its a wind up or he has stunning lack of self awareness….hey, maybe its the mental ‘elf?

iolo
    Free Member

MSP, I have stopped working due to illness.
    Did you read my previous post about downsizing one house to buy 2?
    This was my lifestyle choice. Now I am mortgage free.
    I have invested my hard earned money so I am living on no benefits.
    When my money is gone I will sell one house.
    When skint again I’ll sell the next.
    Then I’ll be in an old people home pissing myself and not care.
    What about you MSP?
    EDIT FOR DEVIANT = I have no problem in coming here. Its when you’re told 24 hours in advance that your mental health doctor has gone and you will never get him again. Oh and we have no idea if you have a vew doctor or when you’ll get to see them

timc
    Free Member

24 hours notification of a cancelled appointment is not ideal, but you chose to plan your week around an appointment that is always subject to change.

spawnofyorkshire

either its a wind up or he has stunning lack of self awareness….hey, maybe its the mental ‘elf?

oh the

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I have to say that, following your thread last week regarding the mental health of an ex forum member who had e-mailed you (I think you described him, amongst other things, as ‘weird’), that I struggle to have any sympathy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Where do you get your meds from, UK or Vienna?

Seems a little chaotic to have to fly back to the UK, especially when you’re in crisis. Ever have issues with getting flights or boarding when you’re manic?

Perhaps the surgery sent a letter out to the address you last held in the UK?

Anyway, hardly a NHS rant, more a poke at your local surgery.

As a mental health cn I know you mean well but you’re not coming across to the other forum users very well. A lot of what you say, I hear from my patients. X doctor doesn’t understand me. X doctor is wrong about this med or that med. Self entitlement, grandiosity etc. It makes no sense to fly back to see your GP when I’m sure you can see a local psychiatrist for advice and a script every month.

spawnofyorkshire

If i call troll on MSP and Deviant can I claim £10?

Seriously have a word with yourself fellas

iolo – I really hope you find a new doctor who you can trust and get a good relationship with (in Wales or Vienna)
    mental health issues are not a joke and ignorance of them only makes those who are dealing with them harder.

@Monksie – the christmas markets in germany and austria aren’t like the ones in this country which are invariably full of ****
    It’s worth a trip over with your better half to experience one there and you’ll see how great they are.
    I used to meet my friends at it every night when i lived in germany, they have a brilliant atmosphere

iolo
    Free Member

I get my meds in the uk. My levels are checked wherever I am.
    There was definitely no letter sent, just a call today. This came from the mental health clinic.
    An email from Fred who i do not know freaked me when I was manic hence that thread. Anyone offended by it, sorry.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And in relation to my last post, I noticed a couple of more posts on this thread describing the same ex forum member in a less than complimentary manner. He’s not on here anymore, he can’t defend himself against your comments, so stop posting twatty comments eh?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So you go back to get Bloods done and check your levels? Valpro or lithium? Again, that seems a bit much from my point of view. You could get your Bloods done and scripts in Vienna and not have to pay for a return flight. Regardless of what you may have paid into the NHS and what you feel you are owed, you surely must be wasting money getting flights? I’m gonna shut up now. I’ve done my shift for today and spent the best part of 8 hours being verbally abused by an aboriginal lady and keeping a 6’5″ Maori chap who wanted to leave the PICU calm and settled. Love my job.. :o)

iolo
    Free Member

I get my bloods in vienna. Lithium.
    I just have/had now he’s gone a connection with my psychiatrist.
    @barnleymitch point taken. Why is he not here to defend himself?

Drac

iolo you condition is quite an unpleasant and as I’m sure you understand part of the reason why you feel the way you do. I suggest chatting with the clinic expressing your concerns, there may be well a very good reason for it. They also may not understand the good relationship you had with this Dr. As for them not informing you, maybe they were hopping to have someone to take over by now but that fell through. I’m also pretty sure they wouldn’t realise that you were flying in from Vienna for you appointment you maybe need to make that clear to them in case of any future issues.

I can see why people are little pissy about you complaining about flying in the from Vienna for you appointment and then you complaining that it’s not fair, it is a situation you’ve help create where if something falls through at short notice it’s a bigger hassle than someone who lives local to their clinic.

Good luck with your condition and hope your sorted with a new Doctor there are many good ones out there.

iolo
    Free Member

Thankyou drac

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems a little chaotic to have to fly back to the UK

Well I expect the life of a bipolar sufferer is pretty manic anyway, and somewhat different to the norm. And probably different for each sufferer.

Despite having had a row with iolo on the other thread I do sympathise with him. It must be difficult to build a close relationship with a Dr then have them just **** off like that. I can imagine that would cause terrible problems for some people, regardless of location.

And not telling clients that their Dr has left (or even is planning to) is poor.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘NHS rant’ is closed to new replies.