Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • NHS Jobs website nightmare
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m off on holiday next week (without internet access) and have sat down to submit some job applications through the NHS Jobs website but am not a happy bunny as each time I try to submit my form I’m told that there is an error and and am taken to a particular field – “Start date of continuous NHS service (if applicable)” for my first employer in my employment history, which reports that it’s not a recognised date format.

This is a non-mandatory field (and only relavent if having previously worked in the NHS); the date is in the correct format but the submition fails even if the field is blank (remember it’s non-mandatory anyway). The same field exists in all of my subsequent employment history records and doesn’t cause a problem there (it’s just in the first record).

The helpdesk is only open Mon. – Fri. so I’m going to miss the deadlines for some of the jobs, there’s just one who’s closing date I’ll still meet when I’m back from holiday.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with dodgy validation of a non-mandatory field that shouldn’t be being validated anyway – and does anyone know a solution!!

bencooper
    Free Member

If the site is coded to validate that field, you’re stuffed – but try it different ways, like 15.12.12 or 15/12/2012

gusamc
    Free Member

I don’t think this will work – but

try American format MM/DD/YYYY or DD Dec 2012

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve tired all sorts of combinations (including a blank field which is accepted in the other records in the same section). I think I’m screwed and just hope that the Helpdesk can sort it out before I’m back from holiday; at least the closing date for one of the jobs will still be valid (unless they get sufficient applications before that).

I can’t imagine that it’s a global issue with all forms reacting this way, it may just be a error with my form/account, but there’s no option to delete the offending record amd re-enter or to restart the form!

Stoner
    Free Member

have you tired US format like gusamc says?

Ive had a similar problem on some site before. Usually after an upgrade someone forgets to switch the generic back end to UK from US.

Also try more recent dates, maybe your date is out of range?

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve tired US format and a variety of other formats with the same result; a blank field doesn’t work either even though it’s not a mandatory field. The same field exists in other employment records and doesn’t appear to be being validated there.

I’m seriously stuck and annoyed!

Gilesey
    Free Member

Tried using an alternative browser in case there’s some weird client-side stuff going on?

PJay
    Free Member

Good thought but a reboot and an attempt in Firefox results in the same problem.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Go through the proper channels to get resolved, but also contact the recruiting person, say its knackered and email the content direct to the person.

The form only goes direct to the recruiter and when they print it out it looses all formatting anyhow.

PJay
    Free Member

After much fiddling and changes it finally submitted with the date as originally set!

druidh
    Free Member

As long as it’s not an IT-related job eh?
    😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘NHS Jobs website nightmare’ is closed to new replies.