Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • NHS direct or Singletrack….. Interview in 6 hours up all night with
  • vondally
    Free Member

Full on bowel evacuation, started at 7 last night pretty consistently until 1 then a few trips but massive stomach cramps. So I have an interview at 12.30, 35 mile drive and a hour and half interview with the drive back. Now dehydrated and still going to the loo, all very watery and onpleasent, my partner thinks I have norovirus I think I have food poisoning. Been to Nepal a few times and it pretty much like that a few steps from the toliet is most I can manage

Do I just cancel and call c’ est le poo?
    Do I try and get another slot….Highly unlikely…
    Do I go and Wack down some immodium?

Alternatives?

If nothing else give me some light relief, and in all honesty stw is a better option than NHS direct

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Just call them. They’ll understand and reschedule – everyone gets sick from time to time. It’s important that you come across as best you can in an interview (and they see you in your best light).

tomd
    Free Member

It does sound like norovirus, unless you’ve been eating left over christmas turkey.

If you called up and honestly explain that the world is falling out of your arse (winter bug thing) you’d be surprised, they might reschedule. No one wants to see you in that state and catch it. You’ll also be unlikely to get the job if you shart in the interview or look like death.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sounds like norovirus to me too.
    Don’t bother going to the interview, just call them and let them know why you can’t make it.

If you turn up for an interview having spent half the night sh*tting yourself inside out, you aren’t exactly going to be on the ball for the interview. Apart from that, I wouldn’t fancy your chances of managing a 35 mile drive without any “incidents”

vondally
    Free Member

Vegetarian so no left over turkey,…..

Yes but it is for a charity so they will struggle to get the panel together again I fear….

But does make sense rather than a train spotting moment!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

1. Call explain and reschedule.
    2. If they don’t/won’t reschedule, count yourself lucky and walk.
    EDIT: But agree on the Skype thing as a compromise.

theotherjonv

mainly this ^ but maybe as a middle ground, if getting the panel together is an issue can you interview by Skype / facetime. It’s not the same but it shows willing, it shows initiative and it’ll show them why it is worth getting the panel together again to rubber stamp what they found out by interview.

They don’t want you passing NV on to them, so it’s in their interests you don’t attend as well.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Skype interview from the throne?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Stock up on tampons and bisto and go for it!

bails

They don’t want you passing NV on to them

This! Norovirus is horrible, they might pass it on to a vulnerable/elderly relative who would find it a lot harder to get through.

Also, would you want to employ someone who was kind enough to give you the squits?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wouldn’t look favourably on someone who came to an interview when ill, especially if it risked getting transferred to my senior staff (re ‘panel’ above). Would show a lack of care.

As others have said, call and explain.

geoffj

It’s a tough one. Whilst they may agree to reschedule, if they see other good candidates today then they are going to be less inclined to go through the process with as much energy and objectivity again.
    I’d immodoium up and go for it.
    AND yes, of course they should be considerate blah blah blah, but that’s not how these things work IME (from both sides of the desk).

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What did you do, OP?

funkmasterp

As per Charlie Mingus above, what happened!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go but tell them you need to do the interview from behind the bog door, They’ll admire your determination & eagerness at least! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘NHS direct or Singletrack….. Interview in 6 hours up all night with’ is closed to new replies.