Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • NFL @ Wembley
  • chojin
    Free Member

Anyone going this weekend to see the game?
    I was thinking of getting the train up but was just wondering about parking at the stadium… Any sneaky parking places or advice would appreciated!

Edit: wrong forum, sorry mods.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Don’t try and park anywhere near the stadium. Park somewhere on the Metropolitan and take the tube to Wembley. Hillingdon is the easiest to access from the M40 and has a decent amount of parking.

Even years ago when you could park near the stadium it used to take so long to get out of the area that it was still quicker to park some way away and take the tube.

rOcKeTdOg

Don’t get the train as after the game there is no where near enough room on the service, the queue will be horrendous as everyone tries to get on one train at The same time (ime)

chojin
    Free Member

Soooo don’t drive/park and don’t take the train.

Helicopter? 🙂

abbot
    Free Member

Do get the train, it will be fine. Yes there will be a bit of queuing but they are super organised and the atmosphere is good. If you are bothered just hang around for a drink after the game to let the crowd disperse

pickle
    Free Member

Definitely park somewhere out like Hillingdon and don’t try parking anywhere near the stadium. They have so many parking restrictions around the whole area you’ll come back to find your car towed.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Park in Harrow on the Hill, 3 stops from Wembley.

Clobber
    Free Member

Crikey, this year has gone quick seems like the superbowl was only last week…

I’ve missed the start of the season, looked on 4od for highlights and c4 aren’t showing NFL!!!

What is everybody watching it on now?

stumpy01

As above, don’t bother driving into Wembley. Parking-wise the place does into lock-down. I grew up there, so am used to the parking & traffic carnage that used to occur.

If you really wanted to drive, there are people who rent their driveways out for event days. They do it through websites, so you could find something easy enough, but they generally charge quite a bit. I know this because the occupants of a house over the road from my parents do this.

Harrow-on-the-Hill could be a good shout – but traffic in that area can generally be a bit pants & quite a lot of the roads around Harrow have parking restrictions, meaning you need a residents permit to park on the street.

Hillingdon would be a good station, or depending on where you are coming in from have a look at Stanmore. It’s on the Jubilee line and takes you into Wembley Park. There are quite a few stops, but it doesn’t take that long and there’s a fairly reasonably priced car park.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m under instructions to source tickets for the Packers next season!

roverpig

What is everybody watching it on now?

It’s on the BBC this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/34195573

Including live coverage of the Wembly games !

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t figure out where to watch it on BBC and what matches are being shown..?

NormalMan

Can’t help with parking but yes I’m going.
    I’ve been using Gamepass for coverage.

hammerite
    Free Member

I have season tickets for all three games. However, I’ve just sold tickets to Sunday’s game as Jnr has been a bit of an oik recently and it’s his treat. I’m also going to sell my seats for the last game. I’m not selling the Jags ones as that’s who we follow FWIW!

We’ve been the last few years. Getting the tube isn’t too bad. We usually hang around the ground for a little after (the Jags send their drum troupe out who are quite entertaining), then wander toward the station. It can be slow going but the queue is always moving.

NormalMan

Funnily enough I have the season ticket but have to sell my tickets for the Jags game actually.
    Also a father / son day out.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m a bit annoyed that we’re not going, but despite a few threats he couldn’t turn it round! Still, saves a bit on the cost of train and Wembley drinks. Plus I’ll now get to go out on the bike. Jnr won’t miss out on his American football hit as he trains with a team every Sunday anyways and will just go to this instead.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘NFL @ Wembley’ is closed to new replies.