• This topic has 43 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • NFL
  • rOcKeTdOg

Anyone watching? Looking forward to Carlson on 4 & MNF on eurosport. Hoping RG3’s knee holds up
    Go Skins!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooh…got my tickets for Steelers “at”* Vikings at the end of the month. To say I’m moist is an understatement. 🙂

*at Wembley.

rOcKeTdOg

Saw Pats v 49ers there a few years ago, take plenty of cash, prices for food beer etc is horrendous!

Markie
    Free Member

It’s great to have it back… braves on the warpath!

Is it wrong that I’m also already looking forward to 2014 to see how Okoye fares?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

take plenty of cash, prices for food beer etc is horrendous!

Yeah, tell me about it. 😡

I’ve been for the last three years – it’s **** criminal what they charge for shit at the food counters.

rOcKeTdOg

anyone know who is presenting the Eurosport coverage of MNF?

Edric64
    Free Member

Go Cowboys !!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cowboys

😆

There’s always one.

CountZero

Go Seahawks!

chojin
    Free Member

Always been a Dolphins fan since a very young age.
    Shame they’re a bit gash really :/

greyman
    Free Member

49’ers here …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just heard that the half time entertainment at Wembley is Bruno Mars. 😐

So £5 hot dogs, £4 plastic bottles of beer and Bruno **** Mars. 😡

Pigface
    Free Member

I dont have a NFL team, Orioles for Baseball Sabres for Ice Hockey.

Always get Broncos info from mate that lives there and the whole Tebow story was funny/tragic/unbelievable

liked the Eagles when McNabb was quarter back, Packers for their history.

Broncos started well.

veedubba

Well, the Jets have had their one win for the season, so I’ll not bother watching til the playoffs…

College on ESPN on the other hand. 🙂 Oregon QB rushing for a 70yd TD? Why not!

I missed the Wembley tickets when they were a fair price, and last time I looked they were £171 a piece. Not really in my price range.

Anyway, British American Football’s where it’s at… our next game is the 22nd September. 😀

mogrim

The Bears won 🙂

But no highlights on TV here 🙁

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Good start to the season for the ‘Phins, terrible running game but pass rush looks special

Pigface
    Free Member

College football I would wager is more popular than NFL love it.

Getting your head around the Pac 12 and Big 8 etc is beyond me but the games are much more fun to watch. Go Texas 😆

StirlingCrispin

As Pigface says: College football is massive in the US.
    Local teams for local people!

I attended an Ohio State match where the crowd was 93,000! They had 103,000 at this weekend’s game.

Go Bucks!

rOcKeTdOg

Vedubba, who’s your BAF team? I used to follow the Birmingham Bulls around the country back in the 90’s & are the Redditch Arrows still going?

veedubba

We’re Walney Terriers. Currently an associate team and need to play 3 games to get in the league in April. We have 3 coming up: 22nd vs West Coast Trojans, 13th October vs Burnley and 3rd November vs Northumbria (tbc).

No Arrows as far as I know, but the bulls are still going strong.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

What are the options for watching NFL in the UK?!

rOcKeTdOg

Live or TV?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

TV, I looked at Wembley tickets…..then realised I didn’t like it *that* much 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Sky sports, eurosport, channel 4 all have live games

Hadge
    Free Member

Go Cowboys – so that’s 2 of us hehe. Really enjoyed last nights game although I’m a little tired now. Thought our D played well but wasn’t convinced by our Offense as 3 turnovers should have yielded more than just 6 points. To be only 3 up at half-time seemed so wrong.

I’m recording tonights game and I’ll watch it tomorrow. Really is good having all this NFL on the box – 2 games with Sky, 1 with Ch4 and now on Eurosport too. Brilliant.

Clobber
    Free Member

Hey Rocketdog, I played 5 seasons for the birmingham bulls, did you go to any of our finals in the late 90’s… Also a skins fan!

Disappointing first half for the skins. RG3 didn’t start well but had a few good drives in the 3rd and 4th. Rushed and looked ok in the tackles. He may have learned to run out too. Nice to see how bad giants and cowboys looked yesterday. Only the eagles started well in eastern but couldn’t/wouldn’t keep up the no huddle plays, 51 first half I think. Made possible by poor offense by skins! Packers next week, Rogers looked good against the 49ers. Hope RG3 has got things settled! HTTR

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’ve been meaning to get back into NFL for a little while now so Ch4 coverage will be great, thinking the highlight show.

Caught the “hard knocks” docu sunday morning … brought back memories of 1-on-1 tackle/shedding practice… happy, if painful, days as a lad playing for the Southend Sabres

Not watched NFL for probably 20 odd years and as a Chargers fan got a feeling I’ve messed thier best days during my hiatus

rOcKeTdOg

Hey Rocketdog, I played 5 seasons for the birmingham bulls, did you go to any of our finals in the late 90’s… Also a skins fan!

Went to the one st crystal palace against the O’s we won with a last minute field goal from “spider” Webb iirc, not sure of the year, I still have an embroidered silk jacket somewhere 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Before my time that one! played the Olympians on many occasions though, the only team that could beat us really.

rOcKeTdOg

Do you remember Trevor Carthy? Great RB & nice bloke

I loved stuffing the Leicester panthers, especially on their home ground & beating Manchester Spartans was always special too

NormalMan

Make that 3 Cowboys fans on one thread!

I’m going to both UK games with my son. He is a huge niners fan! He still can’t get how I’m not, given that I lived the bay area years ago. He still wishes they kept Smith too. He hasn’t been convinced by Kapernick yet.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Anyone know why I can watch yesterday’s highlight show thru a web browser on my desktop pc…..but not on the ch4 catch app on my tv!? V annoying

CountZero

I went to two NFL games at Wembley, IIRC, they were Cowboys v Bears, and Redskins v Browns. Back when The Fridge was playing for Bears, anyway. Getting out of the car park took almost as long as the damned game!
    Yes, 3rd August 1986 Wembley Stadium, Chicago Bears 17 v Dallas Cowboys 6, and 6th August 1989 Wembley Stadium, Philadelphia Eagles 17 v Cleveland Browns 13, Eagles, not Redskins.
    Damn, a long time ago, now. I can clearly remember the Jets sack of Joe Theismann that ended his carreer, one of the most stomach-wrenching things I saw on telly, that.
    Tickets would have been much cheaper, back then…

Clobber
    Free Member

Trevor Carthy was a legend, he’d have been NFL if it wasn’t for his knees, he coached while I was there and was still twice as fast and could cut twice as hard as anyone else despite his age and knackered knees.

Always stuffed Leicester!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

DeadlyD…

I’ll be at Wembley, meeting a load of Steeler fans, and there is even a steelers pub, yet to be announced!

The night before there is a meet in london too.

If you want to hook-up give me a shout and I’ll give you my number.

I went to Summerbowl 1 at Villa Park, everyone was expecting a Bulls v Ravens final, but the O’s pipped the Bulls in the semi final.

Dave Chambers was my Bulls favorite, great player…. I went to one at Crystal Palace , the one where Russ Jensen wouldn’t play for contractural reasons or something?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m only able to come up for the game on Sunday dude. I’ve been following the preparations on the Steelers Nation fb page jealously though. 😐

I wait years to see my team and they arrive on their worst run in gawdknowshowlong!! Mind you, the Vikings aren’t exactly setting the world on fire. Hopefully, it’ll be a good game either way. The last couple, while I enjoyed them, haven’t exactly shown the NFL at its best.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

we’re getting healthy, but with two turnstiles at the tackle positions , now wonder we’re losing the TO battle.

Will be up and around the Green Man pub at some point, so if you see Kirkland 99, it’s me, no one else will be wearing that relic

enjoy

rOcKeTdOg

Brum Bulls youth team had unbeaten season this year 🙂 the futures bright

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Brum Bulls youth team had unbeaten season this year the futures bright

That’s good to hear, I went down to one of the games last season, the adult team seemed a bit short of bodies.

I’ve been to see Shropshire Revolution a few times, they’re not a bad outfit, and Sandwell Steelers are a new team, they’ll never be as good as the not so mighty Stourbridge Pumas’ once were though!

I used to play QB for the Flag (touch) Youth side that were loosely connected to them, I still throw a mean spiral now, quick release, peck pocket and all that…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘NFL’ is closed to new replies.