Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Nezbo
  • Cougar

I don’t know how many of you knew Neil Harwood, Nezbo of this parish, but I’ve just had some sad news via his OH on Facebook.

Neil passed away this afternoon after his battle with cancer. He went in his sleep and was peaceful and pain free. Neil loved his friends, please remember his battle and post a picture of him to raise awareness for the need for more research into brain cancer.

I want to type more but can’t right now, sorry.

ton

this is so so sad.
    i met nezbo once, whilst on holiday in Mach. he was taking part in the trans wales event.
    nice bloke too.

R.I.P mate.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Shit!
    Just seen this.
    Stand down Neil.
    Another great bloke, gone far too early.

I had the pleasure of knowing Neil for quite a few years as we both rode with the same club from around 07/08. Sadly I only saw him once in the last couple of years after I moved away, but Neil was one of the funniest, friendly people you could ever hope to meet. He was an extremely talented rider, and one of my fondest memories was trying to keep up with him on a geared bike at Drumlanrig as he sped round on his single speed.

You will be deeply missed. Thoughts are with his wife and young son.

Drac

RIP keep riding those trails.

Just seen a photo of him now. Remember meeting him at events, a very nice chap.

philfive
    Free Member

My cousin sent me a message last night.

I remember riding with Neil and he was so fast, he was getting ready to have a go at the tour divide, then he had a brain tumour.

RIP Neil.

nbt

Never met him but always a sad moment to hear of something like this. RIP

plumber
    Free Member

Completely bonkers and I didn’t always agree with him but a really talented chap in so many way

RIP Neil

Plum

terrahawk
    Free Member

What a top lad Neil was. I was lucky enough to ride with him a few times – one of those guys who would genuinely do anything for his mates.
    A sad, sad loss. My thoughts with his family.

Hit the North 2010:

twinklydave

A lovely, down to earth, big dreaming nice guy. Worthy of a lot of respect.

RIP Neil.

soobalias
    Free Member

happy trails nezbo

RIP

richpips
    Free Member

Sad news. Top lad.

My thoughts are with his wife and son.

Pigface
    Free Member

Never met him but that is a big smile he had, never good when one of the STW family loses a fight. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Cougar

There’s a couple of charities being mentioned on his Facebook page, if anyone’s interested. The ‘official’ one appears to be https://www.justgiving.com/brainstrust/donate/

However, this caught my eye,

East Lancs Hospice were amazing with Neil Harwood and Suzie Harwood throughout such a tough time. Wonderful homely place with attentive and caring nurses. They gave Suze and Ted the chance to wake up with Neil on Christmas morning; for that alone no donation would be big enough in my eyes.
    Please donate and raise awareness of their work.

http://eastlancshospice.org.uk/donate-2-2

Harry_the_Spider

Sad, sad news.

Ride on fella, ride on…

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that some of you have lost a dear friend.

Take care,

J

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Shit news – RIP mate.

Cougar
    MrSparkle

Neil’s funeral will take place on Monday 9th February at St Peter’s church, Church St, Darwen BB3 3HE at 1:00pm. Some of his friends are riding with the hearse from the family home. If you would like to do the same then please be at 66, Garden Village, Darwen for 12.30pm.

RIP Nezbo. It was a privilege knowing you, you will be missed.

MrSparkle

There was a huge turnout of people at the church to pay their final respects. The tributes included Neil’s wife bravely reading a poem to Neil. A lot of local riders accompanied the hearse on the way to the church. As I said on twitter, it was a day of lumps in throats and dust in eyes.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11783279.Perfect_send_off_for_keen_Darwen_rider_as_100_cyclists_follow_funeral_procession/

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gutted to have missed the Bun Fight.
    Godspeed Neil.
    Tailwinds. Always.

grtdkad

RIP gone too early

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Nezbo’ is closed to new replies.