Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nexus7 & uploading pictutes to Picasa, easy or not?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thinking about a Nexus 7 for touring with, its a good bit smaller than an iPad and I’m hoping more straightforward to upload pics from my camera to Picasa with.

How easy is it to do just that, direct upload from a camera to Picasa on one?

Stoner
    Free Member

how do you plan on getting images from the camera to the Nexus 7?

spacemonkey

My Nexus 5 is set to automatically upload all my pics to Google+ so I would imagine working with Picasa would be fine.

One of Android’s recent strengths is its ability for apps to talk/share/connect. Much more open than iOS in that respect.

This might help too.

Stoner
    Free Member

google+ is a hideous pile of poo for photo managing though.

I still use picasaweb using the “?noredirect=1” on the end to keep away from google+

there’s a good app called picasatool so you can continue to upload to specific picasa albums.

paladin

Uploading from nexus to picasa is easy. I guess you’d need a memory card reader to get the pics from camera to nexus.

What I can’t do on picasa on my nexus, is get the pictures URL to use on stw and other sites. Cannot figure that out …

Mackem

Better off getting something like a Samsung Tab3 – It has an micro SD slot, the Nexus doesnt. (it’s a great tablet otherwise).

paladin

Stoner – Member

I still use picasaweb using the “?noredirect=1” on the end to keep away from google+

Cheers stoner, that just made my day! (It has been rather dull admittedly)

maccauk
    Free Member

Download Nexus Media Importer from the Play store and get an OTG lead from Amazon, they’re only a couple of quid.
    Or try just connecting your camera directly to the Nexus, my Fuji just simply connects and import images pops up.

I don’t use Picasa so can offer no advice there.

I do however upload all my photo’s to copy.com which knocks drop box into a cocked hat.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m with you on that, picasaweb is much easier to work with.

Thanks for the help folks.

Stoner
    Free Member

unfortunately where you used to be able to upload direct from the android gallery to your picasaweb albums, that got pulled about a week ago. Fortunately I had picasatool installed ages ago, but wasnt using it. Now it gets used all the time.

Google are desperate to get people using google+. They just cant bear to admit it’s a horrible interface. So they force people to use google+ to access what used to be standalone google functions. for example, if you want to use vid calls for multiple users you need to use hangout, which can only be done theough google+. Picasaweb got elbowed into the dark corner so people would use google+ for photo sharing, when most people want to use it for photo hosting. Then the made youtube comments google+ – and did what was wonderfully described as “the only way google could make youtube comments worse”. Unfortunately google arent known for their humility or u-turning. So we’re stuck with it, and will keep using workarounds until they block them fully.

Simon

Get a camera with Wifi and upload direct from the camera?

5thElefant
    Free Member

There’s an email interface to picasa too. Enable it in settings and you can just send pictures as attachements and they get posted.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wonder if they will eventually kill off picassa? They seem to force you down the google+ route at any opportunity.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fit’s wrang with your phone pete?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Fit’s wrang with your phone pete?

If I was writing a long journal entry I couldn’t be arsed trying to type it all out on a phone key board. My fingers and thumbs are not teenage girl sized.

The only issue I’ve had with the iPad is my inability to upload photos to Picasa from it. For touring I like my wee compact camera, I find it a bit more versatile than my phone camera.

thepurist

get a WiFi enabled memory card for the camera then uploading via phone/nexus/iPad will be a doddle. If the keyboards the main issue with your phone then maybe a Bluetooth keyboard would be a thought?

scotroutes

My Lumix TZ40 has WiFi built in so I can connect using my phone, or copy photos from camera to phone or even control the camera with my phone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nexus7 & uploading pictutes to Picasa, easy or not?’ is closed to new replies.