Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nexua 7 Tablet & 18 month subscription to The Times
  • SD-253
    Free Member

First is the Nexus 7 a colour screen? And anyone dowloaded a newspaer to it. I have a Kindle but when I downloaded The Times to it a lot of that days news was not on it. Also there was no pictures or share prices graph etc.
    The deal is Nexus 7 for 50 pound and The weeks Times and Sunday Times for 4 pound for 18months (contract). I only get The Sunday Times normally, thats 2.50 + and I think 78p delivery. So no doubt a good deal IF AND ONLY IF I got the same newspaper. So any knowledge on the Nexus 7 and wherever it downloads all the paper or just bits??

bails

It definitely has a colour screen, it’s a tablet not a kindle-style e-reader.

Don’t know how much of the online paper is downloaded/viewable though as I don’t actually have one. Presumably as much as you’d be able to get anywhere else. Or you could just browse the times website.

hora
    Free Member

From memory the deal works out at over 200. For me I would rather subscribe to the i paper AND buy the Nexus7.

The Times is woefull.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’d have to pay me to read the Times.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

got a kindle fire hd it’s awesome you can every newspaper for free for the first month. never read that nonsense though.

theotherjonv

/I did it via the times sub. I generally only read the sport and features though.

SD-253
    Free Member

Thank you to those who were helpfull and to those who don’t like Times I don’t care what your opinion of the paper is as that was not what I was asking.
    As I live 6 miles from the nearest shop and don’t drive this seemed a cheap way and easy way of getting the paper when I need it ie if I am still reading the Sunday Times on wenseday I don’t want that days paper. Seemed great deal to me as I was thinking I could use the Nexus for other dowloads for instance pictures of Mushrooms while out foraging.
    So a few more questions.
    Can you buy a waterproof cover for it?
    Do you download the papers via the Mobile network or through your computer?
    Thank you again for those who were helpfull.

sadexpunk

my wifes nexus fits into her old bog standard kindle waterproof cover if that helps.

id guess that the times paper would be downloaded direct though an app of some sort? just a guess tho.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Nexus 7 is Wi-Fi not 3g. So you’d Have to prep it before leaving the house. Things like subscriptions are all taken care of automatically though

We’ve just got our 5yr old a nabi for Christmas, basically the same thing but for kids. It’s brilliant, I’ve used it as much as the kids!

martinhutch

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/digital/article3191970.ece

This is a walkthrough which gives you an idea of the ‘look’. Obviously that’s on a 10″ screen – the Nexus screen gives a lovely sharp colour picture, but you really need to pop in to Currys, grab an ipad mini or another 7″ tablet and see if you could get on with it at that size.

Cougar

Nexus 7 is Wi-Fi not 3g. So you’d Have to prep it before leaving the house.

Or tether it with a wireless hotspot on your phone.

takisawa2

If your £2.50 + £0.78 for just the The Sunday Times is correct then over 18 months your spending £260.
    Assuming The Times / Nexus deal is £4p/w (+ 1 x £50) you’ll spend £362, but get a Nexus7 & the Times every day.

£102 for the Nexus & The Times every day…

Depends how much you want the The Times I guess… 🙂

Is the The Times Online like an interactive pdf type thing, where there is extra content when you click on pictures etc…?
    I never really got on with any form of online mag, STW included. Call me old fashioned but I’d rather have the printed version. 😕

TheFunkyMonkey…got my lad a Nabi2 also. Seems a well thought out bit of kit. Bit restrictive in terms of apps etc, but its fairly well set-up to stop them getting to stuff they shouldnt.
    THIS site has loads of info, including how to get iPlayer for CBeebies etc, access to the Google Play store etc.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Already on it!

crazy-legs

I looked at that deal too – bought my Mum a Nexus 7 for Christmas. However, buying it as a gift, I only had the option to pay the full whack up front and it worked out a lot more expensive than just buying the tablet!

I’d consider it for myself though, I liked the Nexus when I was helping my Mum get it all set up. The whole newspaper downloads, you can read it as normal or flick from bit to bit, zoom in/out of the pics/text.

SD-253
    Free Member

EXCELLENT VERY PLEASED WITH IT. THE DIGITAL VERSION HAS A LITTLE MORE CONTENT BUT AND ITS S BIG BUT NO TELLY LISTINGS. Sometimes it is hard to change page. Is a stylus a good option moreover does it actually work on Nexus 7? another downside is I seem to be spending a lot more time reading the newspaper, upto now I have read everydays paper will have to cut that out or I will get nothing done! Actually got the papers for 3.83 including the nexus at 50 pound. excluding the Nexus 3.19 the latter is cheaper than what I paid before just for the Sunday. Dead pleased!! Although I had to pay all up front. Well actually it was on my new 1 year 0% credit card…even better.

cp

BIG BUT NO TELLY LISTINGS

tvguide.co.uk or search their app on google play – it’s great so long as you have an internet connection

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I have the Times sub for the Ipad so i’d imagine its a similar news paper style app; flick the pages and has a menu to skip to the areas you want etc. You cant read it on a browser either as you need a log in subsription to do that. You simply get a parapgraph preview.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nexua 7 Tablet & 18 month subscription to The Times’ is closed to new replies.