Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nexus 7 help!!
  • Cubed
    Free Member

Nexus 7 will not connect to wi fi at home – asked it to forget home connection then tried to connect, still no joy.

Any ideas – anyone elses doen this?????

unovolo
    Free Member

No problem with mine,connects to other networks fine too, I take it you have other devices at home that connect to your wireless network OK?

I’d try to test it by seeing if it will connect to another network ,take it to a friends or family members house see if it will connect to there network.

If it does then it would imply that the Nexus is ok,and it must be something on your network blocking it such as a firewall or something.

weeksy

Nothing stops a connection apart from 2 things.

1. seeing the network
    2. putting in the correct key.

Assuming you can connect to other networks with the Nexus, e.g McDonlads etc, then you’re doing something wrong.

Simple rule of troubleshooting is to narrow it down.

1. Can other things connect to your wireless.

2. Can your Nexus connect to other networks/Wireless

jota180
    Free Member

Is it finding it or are you typing in the SSID?

If the latter, it’s case sensitive

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have you tried rebooting the router?

crankman
    Free Member

Does your router have pairing mode? That often stops things connecting successfully.

MrGreedy

Not got MAC address filtering on your AP have you? I use this for extra security then always forget about it when I’m trying to use a new device.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Mine occasionally doesn’t connect (as doesn’t my phone so its not a nexus issue for me, more just generally crap wifi) and a switch off of the router for a minute and switch back on usually sorts it.

If that fails and you’re defo selecting the right wifi, typing in the right key and can connect to other wifis ok then factory reset your wifi router and set it up again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 7 help!!’ is closed to new replies.